Saturday, December 19, 2009

zaterdag 19 december 2009

zaterdag 19 december 2009 I sleep in... 8:03! What's going on with me? I'm usually the insomniac. Cup O' Noodles for breakfast. Send a couple e-mails. Up to Kaladi for an extra cup of coffee. Jeremiah tells me that he needs a couple doppio espressos this morning to get going. Drop off movies at Blockbuster. I am getting a little drizzle on me. Down to Westlake station. On a lark, I take the light rail to SeaTac to see what it's all about. A lot of people seem to be taking the same lark. Check out this guy...

No this guy... I am totally distracted by this guy boldly displaying this thing. What the hell? What does it mean? Where does fun die? The guy is cute, too.

This guy is actually using the train to get to the airport and fly somewhere. I need the airport just to pee, but a lot of people need to fly for the holidays. "Where fun comes to die" I guess that it's one of those infamous slogans at the University of Chicago. I googled it.

I admit that I'm eves-dropping on some guys around me who are talking enthusiastically about the expansion of the light-rail line to SeaTac. They talk about many transit systems. Eventually, I turn on my radio to listen to NPR. NPR is boring. The conversion - over there - is more interesting. Coincidently, we get out together and walk up to Uwajimaya. I just want to get some nuts at the store before I head home. But one of the guys asks me how I like the train. "I love it," I replied rather plainly. (The little boy inside me is going... "Yeah, yeah, I love the train!") These guys do a blog - the Seattle Transit Blog. At home, I check it out. Turn on Rick Steves' program. He talks about International Christmas Traditions. Walk up to Whole Foods to get some yellow curry chicken, dip and salad. The drizzle is getting heavy. Play some Star Trek - TNG: Time's Arrow and Encounter At Farpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment