Sunday, December 6, 2009

zondag 6 december 2009

>zondag 6 december 2009 Up at 6:32. Turn on KEXP to listen to Talk - Trade and Agriculture: How Farmers Get the Chaff. I want to learn more about Doha. Agricultural dumping.

I can remember the Battle In Seattle... 10 years ago.

KEXP and KUOW both talk about the subject. Ten years ago this week, thousands of people shook the streets of Seattle in protest of the World Trade Organization. Making Contact talks about it, too. I didn't get pepper gas, but the police harassed me just for my walk to my place... You see, I actually LIVE downtown. There was a lot of screaming and shouting and helicopters hovering about. It was a miserable time. The police didn't know about the walkway down from Terry to Union Street. That was the best way - without conflict - to take my groceries to my place. I also listen to Dr. Arjun Makhijani. He holds a Ph.D. in engineering, specializing in nuclear fusion, from U.C. Berkeley. He is the principal author of the first study ever done (and completed in 1971) on the energy conservation potential in the U.S. economy. That is an interesting concept... energy conservation potential in the U.S. Who's us? The USA? We're the consumers, not conservationists. I'm staying inside. It's really cold outside. 35° What about Swine Fever? Watch Saturday Night Live on-line.

Mom sends me an e-mail about lenticular clouds. Spectacular Lenticular Clouds Hovering Above Mt. Rainier. I have never seen these clouds. Play some Jonny Lang. Love this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment