Wednesday, December 30, 2009

woensdag 30 december 2009

woensdag 30 december 2009 Up with alarm. I have a super long, 40-minute meditation. Turn on USTREAM for Hal Sparks. He has Happy New Year in Chinese in the corner. Xin Nian Kuai Le YouTube - Say "Happy New Year" in Mandarin Chinese.

Someone in the chat box: Hey, Hal Sparks. Why are you wearing a shirt? Tee hee. Tunafish salad on toast for breakfast. Bath. Walk up Westlake to work. I say Xin Nian Kuai Le to Anne. She says, "Xie xie." (Thank you.) I am Teresa for most of the day. The Dolphin group consists of Austin, Harrison, Nolan and Paxton. Paxton is having a miserable day (again). Low frustration level. Crying on and off... mostly on... all day. Maybe bubbles will help. It helps for 2 minutes. Maybe some fresh air will help, but it doesn't. The group has a meltdown on the playground. Back inside, we relax with some books. Austin seems to like A Treasury Of Classic Poetry. (I read it for myself during nap time.)

Early lunches and naps. Sharyn is with me to help. It's quiet in the Dolphin room, but Evanan wakes up very upset. When Austin wakes up, I take him down to the Bike Room. His parents drop by to take him to the doctor (to check his weight). Back to the Dolphins, I see Nolan and Harrison are awake. I take them to the Bike Room. We join Anne with her kids Alex and Evanan. She notices how many words Evanan knows and uses. She thinks that he's ahead of the curve. So, I turn to Evanan and ask him, "Are you ahead of the curve?" (To a 1-year-old.) He responses with a definite "Da!" Wow! Anne and I both exclaim in unison, "That's "yes" in Russian." At 3, I take them all back to the classroom. Walk down Westlake listening to The World on my radio. I enjoy The Decade To Come segment. Twilight Of The Totalitarians - article written by Anne Applebaum - is interesting. She says that the next decade will be bad for authoritarian regimes except one: China. Back at my place. Change clothes at my place. Walk up Pike to QFC, turn on B'way, down University through Freeway Park to my place. Turn on the radio (again)... I hear a story about a Dead Mother And Her Son Alive After Christmas Miracle. Holy crap! Finish off my tunafish salad and rice for dinner. Watch MSNBC News. There's Countdown without Keith Olbermann.

No comments:

Post a Comment