Tuesday, August 10, 2010

dinsdag 10 augustus 2010

dinsdag 10 augustus 2010 Up at 1:14. Toss and turn for a while. Turn on France 24. There's a lot of stuff about Paul Kagame. Report - Rwandan President Paul Kagame Is Set To Win A Second Seven-Year Term. What a popular guy. He got 90% of the vote. In sport, French teenager swimmer Yannick Agnel takes 400m freestyle gold at the European Championships in Budapest. I guess that Yannick is upsetting some expectations. A German was supposed to win. Show 'em, Yannick!

Breakfast burrito. Switch to Stephanie Miller. The Rude Pundit chats with Steph about The Five Gayest Things That Tony Perkins and His Family Research Council Have Said About the Proposition 8 Decision. Nice list. Shower. Short walk around d'town. Mail my Comcast bill... which went up about $5/month. Back to my place. Listen to more Stephanie Miller. Right-wing Ken calls in about the slippery Astro-glide slope from Gay marriage to other cardinal sins. They mock him mercilessly... and I laugh out loud. Walk up Westlake to work. Interesting schedule... but I love it! Since Andy, Margot and Julie are out, I get to hang out with the pre-schoolers. Gwen wants me to eat her eggplant and purple cabbage meal at her house. The other kids set up an elaborate Star Wars scenario with the waffle blocks. Some kids build TIE-fighters.
I think General Emir is building a Star Destroyer.

The Jedi and the Stormtroopers grapple. The kids are really into the drama, and every now and then, I hear... "No! I'm a good guy!" 10:30 to 11:30 - Planning time for Pam. Only 5 Sea Otters. Nice time on the deck with the kids. When their lunches are prepared, we head inside. Outside again to find the Rainforest Kids playing on the deck, I give Erin her lunch. Justine and I wrangle the 7 kids upstairs. Justine does circle time while I set up lunches and nap mats. Teo seems thrilled to see me. I gets some hugs from him. It's great to see all these guys again. Over to Wildflowers for one 15-minute break for Robin. Back down to Seahorses for Tanja's break. The 7 kids are going down for naps. Quiet time. It's time for me to relax, too. 2 - Patty's lunch. Tanja comes back. (She's subbing for Charmaine.) Tanja is Canadian. We chat about life in Canada - snow, economics, hockey and the incredible amount of snow.

Streetcar to d'town. Get a tuna fish salad sandwich from Subway. Drop off stuff at my place and eat some of my sandwich. Bike around Fairview. Arnold building for a STARS class. Back home, I turn on The World. Moscow is really in trouble. It seems to get worst every day. Report - Many Muscovites Are Getting Out Of Town. Watch Sliders - Summer Of Love. Conrad Bennish, Jr. makes another appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment