Sunday, August 29, 2010

zondag 29 augustus 2010

zondag 29 augustus 2010 Fall asleep while watching SNL News last night. Dad is still awake playing solitaire on the computer. Click, click, click. The clicking of the mouse wakes me up again. Search the TV guide for a funny movie. Found one - American Pie 2 on Encore. Dad goes to bed. I stay and watch. I get through 30 minutes of this silly movie before I go to sleep. Wake up to the light of a new day with Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo doing a bump-and-grind strip-tease on the TV. Today, my brother and his family come to visit. Wheeeeee!

I need coffee. Mom is up early. She wants to get ready for the Family Re-union. I fend for myself for breakfast - a little bowl of baked beans and macaroni salad. Watch a silly movie - Kung Poa! Enter The Fist. I need some fresh air, so I walk to downtown Wellington. Hi, there!

At 82°and high humidity, it feels like a sauna out there. I'm sweaty. I'm glad that my folks have air-conditioning. I plop myself in front of the fan. Dan and Lisa pop over, and The Millers from Eastlake arrive soon after. Here's our gathering.



My nephew, Alex, and my neice, Rachel, go to Willougby. "Willoughby. A stop at Willoughby." I remind the guys about the episode from the 1959 Twilight Zone - A Stop At Willoughby.



We chat about school, the future, recent trips, the wedding, food, Tinsel Talk, etc. I feel that I have well caught up with the family. Jayne makes lasagna. Very yummy! Lisa makes fruit salad. Mom makes tossed salad. We're celebrating a few birthdays including mine and Alex's.

It's funny, but we get distracted by the TV. It's the US Amateur Golf Championship at Chambers Bay in Tacoma, WA. Teachers and students have school tomorrow, so The Millers head home early. A long round of hugs when they go. I turn on the TV to watch Disaster Movie. Synopsis: Over the course of one evening, an unsuspecting group of twenty-somethings find themselves bombarded by a series of natural disasters and catastrophic events. It's supposed to be a spoof of disaster movies, but they work How does Juno, Iron Man, Batman, The Hulk, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Amy Winehouse and Hancock into it. Crazy! At least, Matt Lanter is in it. Switch to the 62nd Emmy Awards. I like how they include members of Glee, Tina Fey and others with Jimmy Fallon into the Opening Number... Then Jimmy becomes Bruce Springsteen!

'Mad Men' and 'Modern Family' Take Top Awards. Mom and dad obstain from the festivities of the Emmy's. I wonder why. They watch football in the living room. After the Emmy's, I stay tuned for WKYC News. Conk out soon after. Night, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment