Tuesday, August 24, 2010

dinsdag 24 augustus 2010

dinsdag 24 augustus 2010 Up at 4:00. Turn on KUOW for BBC News. I enjoy the story for the Witness show. Report - Witness, Woodstock. Bell-bottoms!

If any one event is associated with the counter-culture movement of the 1960s, it is the Woodstock Festival. They say that if you were really there, you cannot remember, but Witness has managed to track down one Woodstock "survivor", Patrick Colucci. Before Woodstock, Patrick was training to be a priest, but then the festival opened his eyes to other ways of living. PATRICK COLUCCI MARRIED MARIA AFTER THEIR FIRST ENCOUNTER AT WOODSTOCK.

Coconut rice and Tandoori chicken for breakfast. Switch to Stephanie Miller. They talk about some health care issues, and a live-bloggers notifies us about a demonstration in Seattle. How did I miss this? State Insurance Commissioners and 1400 Corporate lobbyists meet in Seattle to discuss health care legislation. Single Payer activists ask "Commissioners, Which Side are You On?" Yeah! KPTK has a PSA for MEDICARE FOR ALL! Thank you!

Shower. Streetcar to work. A break for Margot, then I cover for Jessica's meeting with Michelle. 11 - Jessica's lunch. First, the 7 Dolphins play on the deck, then we take to the playground. Some of these kids are too young to hold for so long. They fall to pieces while Elaine does diapers and I set up lunches. Whew! This is an intense group. It's a full moon... and it follows me...

to the Sea Otters for Anne's lunch break at 12. Anne says, "Good luck," as she leaves. Oh, boy. Odin never goes to sleep. 1 - Michelle is subbing for Charmaine. I give her a lunch break. At least, the 7 Seahorses go easily to sleep. 2 - Patty's lunch. The Seahorses sleep. Evanan wakes up early, but he just wants to lay on his mat. Alex and Paxton wake up later. Streetcar to d'town. Bus up to Capitol Hill. Walk over to Elliott Bay Books to find Fuzzy, Fuzzy, Fuzzy

I want to give them to my grand' nephew. No luck at Elliott Bay Books. I can't find help either. I leave the store rather discouraged. Walk back down to my place. I order the books through Amazon and send them to Delaware, Ohio. Yay! I did it! Listen to podcast of The World. I enjoy the story about the Bulgarians hooked on Turkish soaps. Switch to Randi Rhodes. She's on fire! Randi: Good news for xenophobes who would like to get out more—a tea party blogger has put together a handy guide to Washington, DC for visitors who are coming for Glenn Beck’s rally this weekend. Burrito for dinner. Watch some Comedy Central. To bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment