Tuesday, August 17, 2010

dinsdag 17 augustus 2010

dinsdag 17 augustus 2010 Up at 1:20. Play Star Trek The Next Generation - The Chase. Jean-Luc Picard gets a special gift from his old friend - archeologist Professor Galen.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The Kurlan civilization believed that an individual was a community of individuals. Inside us are... many voices, each with its... its own desires, its own style, its-its... its own view of the world. Oh, dear. The Kardassians are trying to beat the Enterprise to the chase.

I fall back to sleep before the end of The Chase. Up again with the alarm. Watch a little France 24. Another Suicide Bombing In Iraq. At least 59 people have been killed and scores more injured after the attack on an army recruitment center in Baghdad. Switch to Stephanie Miller. She's broadcasting from Phoenix... from a little closet. Oh! She had an interview with The Advocate - Mama's Got Something To Tell You. (Interesting comments.) Chicken burrito and a little beet salad for breakfast. I need to fill out my ballot for the Washington State Primary. My rep. Jim McDermott -Is Facing Six Challengers... including Scott Sizemore. I vote for Jim, but I like Scott, too. He seems to be a transportation geek like me. Look at his beautiful blue eyes.

I deliver my ballot to the box at the King County Administration Building. I wish that we had our old polling places. According to the Google Map, I walk 0.8 mi – about 14 mins. I love walking down 4th.

Take a #545 bus up to my place. Make a glass of iced coffee. Walk up Westlake to work. A lot of people are out... sick? 10 - Breaks for Jessica, Cristin, Michelle (who is subbing for Renee) and Patty. 11 to 11:30 - Rapid-fire lunch prep for Starfish and Seahorses. 11:30 - I sub for Charmaine until 3. I join the 6 Seahorses outside on the big playground playing with the Rainforest Kids. Ryan wants to play baseball with me for a while. I get to sit in the cool shade with Alice as well. Inside for lunch. Evanan's mom joins us for lunch. We both read books before nap time. Soon, the kids settle down to sleep, but Caitlin pops up after only 20 minutes. Patty manages to get her back to sleep... a minor miracle. Patty reads to Alex when he wakes up. Walk up Westlake listening to The World. I only get part of the Geo Quiz. It's is a region in Scotland with a lot of whiskey distilleries - the two best-selling single malt whiskies in the world, The Glenlivet & Glenfiddich. It's Speyside, Scotland.

I listen to and watch KOMO News. President Obama visits Seattle on a whirl wind tour. Wow! He goes to Pioneer Square To Stump For Patty Murray... and a roundtable discussion with small business owners at Grand Central Bakery.

Watch MSNBC. They interview Roger Simon from Politico - Is Obama A One-Term President? Roger Simon - the perfect representative of self-regarding ultra-cynical longtime Washington pundit. I can't stay awake to watch the election results.

No comments:

Post a Comment