Monday, August 30, 2010

maandag 30 augustus 2010

maandag 30 augustus 2010 After the news, I turn on HBO to watch True Blood - Fresh Blood. I fall asleep with the TV on. In the middle of the night, I wake up to go pee. Switch to TBS to watch Austin Powers: Goldmember. Watch for a few minutes and fall back to sleep again. With the TV still playing TBS, I wake up again to the first episode of Saved By The Bell- King Of The Hill. I move over to the computer. Check Zap2It... Report - Emmy's 2010: Best & The Worst. I turn on France 24 and make some coffee. A little pasta salad for breakfast. Shower. Turn on Showtime Extreme to watch In God's Hands. It's about three surfer dudes who travel to Madagascar, Mexico, Bali and Hawai'i seeking the ultimate wave. I like Shane Dorian.

Lisa drops by at 11 to drive mom and me to visit Nana at Kendal. The drive takes less than 20 minutes. There's Nana. She tries so hard to stand up to hug me, but I pick her up to help her. I try to get a photo of us as soon as I can. I think that it turned out well. Nice smile, Nana.



We chat with Nana about our lives. She says that a gay couple who live in a cottage visit her from time to time. "They have so much love," she exclaims. Most of our conversation takes place in the present - What we ate for dinner, how the baby is, questions about what I cook at home, etc. But we eventually take trips down Memory Lane. She lasts for a good 2 hours, but I think that she's trying to keep herself awake for us. She needs to rest so we leave. We pick up some grub at the McDonald's in Wellington to eat at the house. I get the Southwest salad with crispy chicken. It's surprising good. Lisa hangs out with us a little while. I show her the photos that I've taken so far.

The thermometer says 92° outside. It's warm in the Florida Room, too.

Settle down to watch SyFy. Watch Doctor Who - Silence In The Library. Later, I watch Grease with John Travolta.


Dad makes scrambled eggs and mom makes toast and bacon for our dinner. As soon as I go into the Florida Room to watch a movie, mom turns on Bill O'Reilly in the kitchen. I wonder why. I found a great movie - Yes Man. I laugh my head off. My favorite scene is when Jim Carrey Sings Jumper!!! I"m having a hard time placing the character Allison, though. Oh, yes. She is actress Zooey Deschanel who plays Trillian in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Watch movie - Up. I conk out soon after the makeshift airship, using thousands of helium balloons, lands near a large ravine facing Paradise Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment