Monday, August 2, 2010

maandag 2 augustus 2010

maandag 2 augustus 2010 Up at 3:05. Turn on France 24. They talk about the monsoon rains and floods in NW Pakistan. Report - Death Toll Tops 1,200 As Rescuers Struggle To Reach Flood Victims. Doze off into a light sleep. Up with alarm. Chili on toast for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. The Rude Pundit calls in to be rude about BP’s Oil Spill among other things. He sounds rather pessimistic about the chances of America to switch to clean energy. Rude sees how Big Oil has ruined his native Louisiana. He says, "Unless we are willing to sacrifice as a whole, unless we are willing to shift our entire economy to saving the earth and the air, you may as well let 'em drill." Read - The Anti-Moratorium Rally Ate Our Oily Souls. Walk up to Kaladi for some of Lauren's yummy coffee. "Oh, hi." Jeremiah is right behind me getting coffee, too. (He didn't go to Wild Waves.) Take my coffee down to my place. Check the Seattle Times for weather and news. Streetcar to work. 10 to 11:30 - Planning time for Cristin. The 8 Starfish head out to the playground for a fire drill. We just stay on the playground. The kids seem to be in good moods. Although, Austin seems a little clingy. Tanja covers for Renee. It's hard to wrangle up 8 kids to go inside when it's time. 11:30 to 12 - Lunch prep for Starfish and Seahorses. 12 - Charmaine's lunch. I sit with the Seahorses at lunchtime to eat my chili spaghetti. I make myself almost hoarse reading books. 1 - Renee's lunch. The 8 Starfish sleep. I feel the need to rest, too. I see Remy is on kitchen duty. 2 - Cristin's lunch. Wow! I'm surprised that Austin is an early riser. He wants to play with the magnets. The kids wake up one-by-one. Some of the kids give me their shoes to put them on. Walk to d'town. #550 bus tunnel to Pioneer Square. Visit Michael at his work to get the keys. Up to Taco Del Mar - Pioneer Square.

Walk up to Univeristy Street Station. #73 bus tunnel to my place. Listen to podcast of The World. The Geo Quiz takes us to Nizhny Novgorod - the 4th largest city in Russia. They are having wild fires, too. 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Watch some Hardball. Switch to Weird Science - Sex Ed. After Lisa becomes the instructor of her re-imaged sex education class, Gary gets a lab project to "do it" in front of the whole class with his sexy lab partner. Gary gets an A+ on the pop quiz. Whoa! Lisa says that you need a Sex License before anything happens. What?

Curried chicken salad with a little burrito for dinner. Head over to #404 to say "hi" to Phoenix and Maxine. Nice view from the balcony as the sun slowly sets on Seattle.

Watch some Rachel Maddow - Scaring White People For Fun And Profit. Play movie - Tron. I can't keep my eyes open. I conk out 15 minutes into the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment