Friday, August 6, 2010

vrijdag 6 augustus 2010

vrijdag 6 augustus 2010 Awake up at 1:00. Oh! It's Futurama time! Episode - How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back. Hermes Conrad is excited because the Central Bureaucracy is conducting an inspection the next day, and he expects to be promoted to a Grade 35 bureaucrat. As Hermes says, 'Sweet something of...someplace!' Back to sleep. Up with alarm. Turn on CNN. Report - Job Market Sputters On Weak Hiring. The dollar is nearing bear market levels. They interview Paul Sonne about the strangeness of the release of the Lockerbie bomber. Report - Lockerbie Release Flawed. How can someone from the Wall Street Journal be so cute? Spinach and tofu burrito for breakfast. Shower. Up to Kaladi for some coffee. Jeremiah has some Rwanda brew. I taste it. But I'm feeling conservative with my coffee choices. "I'll take 16 ounces of regular." I have to admit that the Rwandan is yummy.

Sorry, Jeremiah, about my prejudice about African coffees. I admit that I don't have the most educated palate. But my past experiences with coffees from Kenya and Ethiopia is... well... too grassy, too fruity, too something-or-other. But the Rwandan you offered me was tasty and smooth.

Back to #404 to pet the cats and watch a little Merlin And The War Of The Dragons on SyFy. Streetcar to work. 10 to 11:30 - Help Remy pack pretzels. Remy is dealing with the sick dish washer. The washer says ERR #9 - 109°F. I take the 5:30 snack into the Summer Camp. 11:30 to 12 - Lunch prep for Starfish and Seahorses. 12 - Lunch break for Renee. Nap time for the 6 Starfish. Stanley already took a nap in the stroller. He goes to sleep for Renee. 1 - Cristin's lunch. Toby and Austin wake up early. It's Stanley's croopy cough that wakes them up. 2 - Up to Trailblazer & Explorers for Chastity's lunch. The kids are actually sleeping for nap time. Manav wakes up. We chat a little about Mickey Mouse and his ape sticker on his shirt.

Walk up to Capitol Hill, down B'way, over to First Hill. Down to #404. It's nice and cool in the apartment. Watch MSNBC then FX to watch Jarhead. The military is so fracked up. The Pentagon should be dismantled.

"Are you loving me with those baby blue eyes?" Yes, I am.


This scene gets to me. The oil wells are blown up. Oops! We could really use that oil... because we are nervously dependent on that oil. The Pentagon is more dependent on it than the average American. Me? I can just walk to work, for groceries, etc. I am not the average American.

No comments:

Post a Comment