Thursday, August 19, 2010

donderdag 19 augustus 2010

donderdag 19 augustus 2010 Up at 2:58. Turn on France 24. Top story - US To Cease 'Combat', But 50,000 Troops To Remain. The soldiers seem happy about leaving. One gives a whoop.

The culture show interviews Jean-Stéphane Bron - the writer and director of Cleveland vs. Wall Street. Report - Jean-Stéphane Bron : One Man's Take On The Economic Crisis.


Hopefully, this movie will bring more attention to the foreclosure crisis, all the players involved and its negative affects in Cleveland. As an ex-Clevelander, I'd like to see it. I'm sure that there's some grandma from Brookpark who would like the chance to kick some person from Goldman Sachs in the shins. Chili spaghetti for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Lots of discussion about the 14th Amendment... about its history and meaning. Shower. Streetcar to work. 10 to 12 - Planning time for Anne. Pam stays with her group. Thank goodness. We take the 7 Sea Otters out to the playground where they mingle with the Dolphins and Starfish. All these kids seem to get along. We head in at 11. Pam does the diapers while I set up the lunches. I eat my lunch with the kids. I enjoy my time with the Sea Otters. 12 - I take a break. I hear some commotion in the Seahorses. Evanan is upset with a maintenance man trying to fix the loft. 'Mike! Mike! Mike!' I hold him for a minute while he calms down. 12:30 - Renee's 30-minute lunch. The 7 Starfish are finishing lunch and going down for naps. Most of them put themselves to sleep, so I clean up the lunch mess. 1 - Cristin's lunch. The Starfish keep sleeping. I fold laundry. 2 - Patty's lunch. Another quiet hour with the Seahorses. Streetcar at 3:02 to d'town. Catch a #10 up to B'way. Shop at the QFC for some things. Walk home and drop off stuff. I need another walk... to the library and back. Listen to a podcast of The World.They interview a former US Army captain and a member of the elite Army Rangers - Blake Hall - his experiences and feelings about the Iraq War. Report - Retired US Officer Reflects On Iraq Withdrawal. I can't help but reflect, too. I feel like this was such a waste of blood and treasure. Big egos got us into this stupid war... and - back in 2003 - no one would listen to me how stupid this war was. I am so frustrated. Switch to MSNBC. I'm catching up with Hardball. It's Mosque Hysteria. Geez. I don't know if I'm in the mood for this.

Lemon pepper roast chicken with rice for dinner. Watch movie - Bolt. A method-actor dog? Synopsis: The canine star of a fictional sci-fi/action show that believes his powers are real embarks on a cross country trek to save his co-star from a threat. Fun stuff.

Bolt's favorite toy - a squeaky carrot.

I love the street-wise pigeons giving Bolt directions.

Mittens: [about people] They pretend they're going to always be there for you, and then one day they pack up and move away and take their love with them, and leave their declawed cat to fend for herself! They leave her, wondering what she did wrong. No wonder she acts so jaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment