Monday, August 16, 2010

maandag 16 augustus 2010

maandag 16 augustus 2010 Toss and turn all night. It's too hot in my apartment. Play movie - Iron Man. I turn my back on most of the movie. The noise of the guns, rockets and the high-power lasers don't get very much attention. I manage to doze off. Up with alarm. Turn on France 24. Report - UN Chief Urges 'Generous Support' For Ravaged Pakistan. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's helicopter flies over the flood waters in the Province of Punjab.

The "heart-wrenching" disaster is far from over. Switch to Stephanie Miller. She talks about her experiences at the Seattle Town Hall. Mayan Harvest Bake for breakfast. Shower. Add money to my Go Phone. Walk to 6th and continue up to Westlake. I'm feeling rather light-headed. Am I de-hydrated? Open space from 10 to 10:45. Hang out with the Moons & Stars. 10:45 - Break for Patty. 11 - Charmaine's lunch. Patty takes the 6 Seahorses up to the shady deck for some nice cool water play. Prepare the water table!

Bubbles, too.

Harrison is trying to transfer his water into Patty's bottle. Sharp focus on this task. He does it.

I set up their lunches while they play outside. Patty also does a little circle time on the deck. 12 - I need to run up to Sunshine Kids for Kenn's lunch. He's subbing for Kechelle today. There are only Sara, Yarrow and Finn. They finish lunch, I do their diapers and they lay down for naps. Easy. 1 - Patty's lunch. I know that she really likes her lunch at 2, but that's the way it is. The 6 Seahorses sleep soundly. 2 - Michelle's lunch. The new Michelle is subbing for Pam. The 7 Sea Otters are awake and busy. Anne asks me to take Chiyo, Odin and Sahana outside. Margot is out there with a bin of water. Of course, the kids get into it... really into it. Fun! 2:45 - I take the kids inside for snack. When Michelle comes back... I'm outta here. Walk up to 908 Stewart Street Taco Del Mar to get my Monday Mondo Burrito.

I am so sweaty and sticky... I can't wait to take off my clothes. Turn on France 24. Report - China Leapfrogs Japan As World's Second-Largest Economy.

Over the last ten years China’s economy has surged past those of Canada, Spain, Brazil, Italy, France, and Germany, and is expected to pass Japan this year, to become the second largest economy in the world, behind the U.S. Whether it’s manufacturing efficiency, high-speed rail-line technology, nuclear power plant construction, clean air energy technology, education, China is making impressive global inroads, even in areas where the U.S. still has significant dominance. Much of it has to do with China’s massive population, about which the U.S. can do nothing. Uff dah! It's 83 outside and 83 in the apartment. Sorry. It's 88° outside. Report - Excessive Heat Warnings Still In Effect. I need to watch something chilly... Lost In Space - There Were Giants In The Earth. Due to the planet's orbit, the Robinsons are going to freeze to death unless they head south. Will says, "Golly, it's getting cold"... just when the robot is programmed to heat him up with his electric bolts.

Watch out for the cyclops monster of Lost In Space.

This episode doesn't help me cool down. Watch Countdown - US Troops Bid Farewell To Iraq. Despite increasing violence in Iraq, with July 2010 the bloodiest month in over two years, the United States will end its combat mission in the country on August 31 as scheduled, President Barack Obama confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment