Tuesday, January 25, 2011

dinsdag 25 januari 2011

dinsdag 25 januari 2011 Up at 2:24. Turn on France 24. I am fascinated by the Culture Report - "Memory of Colors" Exploring Color In Culture.

They go back to the news and it bores me back into a light sleep. Up again at 4:05. Turn on KOMO News. It's a light mist outside, but it's rather comfortable 47° and I'm tempted to wear shorts. (But I won't.) Hard boiled egg and some burrito for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Many pundits chat with Steph about what should be in the president’s State of the Union address tonight. Waiting for a hot shower. It takes a while to get hot water. Walk up Westlake to work listening to Weekday. I love the subject. It makes me think back and feel nostalgic - Your First Album Purchase. Man! Good show!

Breaks for Toni and Erin B. It's nice to hang out with the Moons & Stars for a change. I get to take Kyle out to meet his school bus. Patty signs me up for my open space. I hang out with the 7 Seahorses on the playground until Noon. Whew! All that amazing Seahorse energy. Patty sets up the lunches. We sit down and eat and chat. I love eating with this group. So familial. 1 - Rachel is subbing for Charmaine. It's her lunch break. Nap time for the Seahorses. The twins are asleep, and soon they will be picked up for a dentist appointment. AT NAP TIME??? Oy! Somehow, Patty makes it work. 2 - Patty's break. The Seahorses are tired and they sleep. Nice, magically nap time. Streetcar to d'town. I should dump my stuff off at home and relax, but I walk up to QFC to pick up a few things. Walk down University. Nice view of the sunset on the sound.

At my place, I watch KOMO News until The State Of The Union.

President Obama is calling on the nation and the scientific community to meet the challenge of this "Sputnik moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment