Thursday, January 13, 2011

donderdag 13 januari 2011

donderdag 13 januari 2011 Up at 3:55. Turn on France 24. Report - More Bloodshed In Tunisia. The scenes of floods and mudslides near Rio de Janeiro are dramatic.

Footage shows raging flood waters and rivers of mud that destroy neighborhoods of Teresopolis. Turn on KOMO News. I see an interesting photo in their weather blog. What do Hawaii, Texas, Arizona, Alabama, and 45 other states have in common? They all have snow on the ground somewhere. The only outlier? Florida.

NOAA says as of 01-12-2010, 70.9 percent of the lower 48 was covered in snow -- more than double the snow cover from last month. Finish burrito for breakfast. Shower. I'm craving Kaladi. Walk in the drizzle up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's very yummy coffee. Back to my place to dry off. Turn on Stephanie Miller. A listener calls in to describe his experience of going to the memorial in Tucson. "Extraordinary!" Streetcar to work. Still a little drizzly. 10 - Cristin gets an hour of planning time. Toni and I hang out with 6 Starfish. Free play day!




11 - Over to Seahorses for Charmaine's lunch. The 7 kids are enjoying free play, too. I'm usually hesitant to leave them un-directed, but they're ok. A couple of them make towers on the peg boards, some look at books and play with baby dolls. I set up lunches. 12 - Cristin's lunch. Back over to Starfish. I set out mats while they eat. I sit with them for a few minutes. There is a bit of sadness at nap time. It's a struggle for Toni and me. 1 - We're still struggling when Cristin comes back and Toni goes to lunch. It's finally quiet by 1:45. Lucky for them because when I go over to the Seahorses for Patty's lunch, a couple kids wake up crying and screaming. Is it me? Charmaine tries to deal with it. Oy! The noise wakes up other kids. Sit with some of them and read books. They enjoy Maisy Drives The Bus. Walk to downtown. Visit Borders. There's only one copy left of Avatar. I use my gift cards to buy it. Avatar The Collectors Edition.

Watch a little news. Cholay chicken on spaghetti for dinner. Watch Avatar. A paraplegic marine - Jake Sully - dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission becomes torn between following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home. Oh, Jake. That's a nice brain that you have... "Gorgeous activity."

No comments:

Post a Comment