Friday, January 7, 2011

vrijdag 7 januari 2011

vrijdag 7 januari 2011 Up at 2:12. Turn on France 24. The news about the Coptic Christmas celebrations bores me back to sleep. Report - Copts Celebrate Muted Christmas. Wake up again at 4:51. I usually save Rachel Maddow for later, but I turn her on. There she is! Report - GOP Declares War On Its Own Promises (Apparently). Yay! MSNBC Hires Ted Williams, 'Golden-Voiced' Homeless Man, For Voiceovers‎. Rachel says that the Republicans have wrapped themselves with the Constitution for political reasons, yet Parts Of The Constitution Were Skipped During The Historic Reading On The Floor. Ted Williams reads the 18th Amendment.

Chili on rice for breakfast. Shower. Turn on Stephanie Miller. John Fugelsang joins the show in the New York City Bureau for another edition of “Fridays With Fugelsang.” He says that it's Slushageddon in NYC.

But I find an interesting comment in Steph's live blog:

I think that, if you accept Republican ideology as gospel, you have to think that any break you give the rich & privileged must be good for the economy, everything you give the icky poor people is just wasted.

I get busy trying to make a card for Michelle's good-bye day. A homemade card. Up to Kaladi for a coffee. It's cute. When Jeremiah stretches, I see armpit stains. Walk up to work. 10 to 11 - I cover for Patty's meetings with new hires. Only 5 Seahorses. I like low numbers. Charmaine plays a tape-story - Where The Wild Things Are. They love it. They put on their scary masks to get in the mood.

We're a little hesitant about using our playground time. It's still a little drizzly, but we brave the elements. It's ok. We also use the deck. The coffee kicks in for me. I run with the kids singing "I'm running in the rain. Oh, I'm running in the rain!" The kids giggle and run with me. 11 - Charmaine's lunch. We head inside, wash our hands and play with the blue play-doh. The twins seem more happy to play with that than being outside. I set up their lunches while Patty take the group to the Bike Room. 12 - Up to the Trailblazers & Explorers for lunch time. This is Karen's break. We chat and eat, but I don't understand that "Blah, blah, blah!" Sometimes, the pre-schoolers have their own code. Soon after, it's nap time. 1 - Over to Moons & Stars for nap time. Almost everyone sleeps. They play soft-alternative. I think I hear one by Rob Thomas. Down to the Infant Room for Lydia's break. Easy-going. Just a diaper change, a bottle and a nap for a baby boy. I tell Michelle, "Good-bye. Have fun!" when I leave. The rain is pouring down on my walk home. I remain inside the apartment. Watch KOMO News. Shower. Rice and lutefisk for dinner. Watch Nightly News, Hardball and Rachel Maddow.

Conk out while watching Dr. Strangelove.

No comments:

Post a Comment