Thursday, January 20, 2011

donderdag 20 januari 2011

donderdag 20 januari 2011 Up with alarm. Eat the rest of my burrito for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Always ready with the racism, we hear Rush Limbaugh Mocking Hu Chinese President Hu Jintao. Steph and I cringe. Ugh!

Up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's Mocca Java. I like cream in this coffee. Back to my place to catch up with MSNBC. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was reportedly able to stand with some help and look out her hospital window yesterday. Giffords’ husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, said his wife will be moved — likely tomorrow barring medical issues — to a rehabilitation Hospital in Houston. The GOP-controlled House has voted to repeal the nation’s year-old health care reform law. The repeal, which was passed by a vote of 245 to 189, has little or no chance of passing the Senate, where Dems have the majority. And the president has vowed to veto it if it reaches his desk. Walk up Westlake to work. Breaks for Tanja, Toni and Patty. Then I'm free for half an hour. I help Pam clean up the Sea Otter classroom and do the diapers. Then it's Pam's lunch. The kids hang out for a while eating lunch. Nice easy-going transition to nap time. One by one, they go to sleep. 1 - Kenn's lunch. The Sea Otters keep sleeping. Quiet hour. 2 - Toni's lunch. Noah is awake. I take him to the Bike Room. We are greeted by a couple of Dolphins. Soon, the Bike Room is busy with lots of early-risers from the Infant Room. Turn on The World on the radio for my walk d'town. They look Inside The Murder Of Daniel Pearl and discuss with Asra Nomani the goals of the Pearl Project.

Train to Uwajimaya. Get some Sho Chiku Bai, beef for stir fry, A-1 sauce and Santa Barbara lime and habanero salsa. I'm getting addicted to that salsa. #415 Community Transit up to Union Street. The passengers seem rather jolly. My trip is only 6 minutes. Their trip to North Lynnwood is at least 40 minutes. Walk up to my place. Turn on KOMO News. Again, I'm impressed by the Food Segment. They have people from the Dahlia Lounge set up a Hawaiian picnic - banana bread, home-made Spam, chicken adobo, Ogo Salad (Seaweed Salad) with salmon and a Mai Tai.

Check the Huffington Post. I need to watch something cute... It's a video with a little girl who's talking about tiger and winnie the pooh in French! Pouvoir Magique!

While I cut up lettuce for salad and beef for stir fry, I watch Information Society. Information overload! I Want To Know What You're Thinking... tell me what's on your mind.

I watch Olbermann.. What about Armageddon? He makes a reference to A Taste Of Armageddon. He uses this Star Trek episode to illustrate the idiocy of the current filibuster rule. He compared the painless way Senators can simulate endless debate (without actually having to debate) with bloodless war.

A Taste of Armageddon was noteworthy for its use of handheld sonic disruptor weapons that conveniently required no optical laser effects. You just point, the thing makes a noise, and the target slowly catches fire like a pile of moist fireworks. Worst Trek weapon ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment