Wednesday, January 12, 2011

woensdag 12 januari 2011

woensdag 12 januari 2011 Up at 2:49. I see a rather snowy mess on my street.

Turn on KOMO News. They show lots of snow photos. The highways and streets are turning to slushy sled rides. Slowly but surely, reports of school closings and delays pour in, yet Hutch Kids is normal. I guess that Seattle is better off than New England. MSNBC reports that Another Major Winter Storm Wallops Northeast. Check France 24. It looks like things are calming down in Tunisia. President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali lets most of those arrested during weeks of protests to be released. Report - The Real Economic Situation In Tunisia - Trouble In Paradise. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Sarah Palin! Again? Report - Palin Slams 'Blood Libel', Takes No Blame For Violence.

Hard boiled egg and a little slice of burrito for breakfast. Hot shower. The rain washed most of the snow away. Walk half way to work. Streetcar for the rest of the way. Help Teresa with the dishes. Help the Sea Otters and Dolphins with the lunch prep in a hurry. Up to Sunhine Kids for Kechelle's lunch. I hang out with the 3 kids eating lunch and reading books.

They like my Hammerhead shirt...

And My Friend Is Sad.

1 - Kenn's lunch. He's subbing for Jessica. Misti seems to be subbing for Jessica. Emma wakes up promptly on time. I take her - crying and all - down to the Bike Room. We join some friends from the Infant Room. 2 - Toni gets a break. I have only one no-napper here. Walk home. Now it's a bizarre 47°F. It almost seems balmy. Such extremely foolish, eccentric weather! Watch KOMO News for a while then I watch President Obama's memorial in Tucson. I'm weeping and crying for most of it.



My favorite part is Obama's exhortation: "expand our moral imaginations... to listen to each other more carefully... and remind ourselves of all the ways our hopes and dreams are bound together...." and "sharpen our instincts for empathy"

Beautifully said. Whew! I am rung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment