Tuesday, March 22, 2011

dinsdag 22 maart 2011

dinsdag 22 maart 2011 Up at 4:57. Turn on KOMO News. The weather man says we're going to have a nice day... but L. A. Is Stealing Our Rain. Fried egg and some burrito for breakfast. Turn on Hal Sparks. He's getting a lot of conservative callers. They argue in circles with Hal and it's driving me a little crazy. Sorry, Hal. I switch to NHK World to get the latest news from Japan. Explore Tokyo with Google Earth. Find the Rainbow Bridge.

Shower. Walk up Westlake to work. 10 to 1 - Planning time for Elaine. Sarah and Mary cover for Jessica. I borrow some play-doh from the Starfish. The 8 Dolphins get into it. I feel some distress in my stomach. I almost declared myself sick, but I hang in there. It's impossible to clean up the room. We take the kids out to the playground anyway. We need space and fresh air. Sarah takes half the kids inside to change diapers. Tanja sets up lunches (and she gives me a little break). These kids get rowdy at lunchtime. Turn on Enya - Watermark to introduce a calming atmosphere. It works a little bit. It seems like a nice way to introduce nap time since the kids aren't interested in their lunches.

Ooooooo, Enya.

One-by-one, the kids easily fall asleep. Quiet time. 1 - Kenn's lunch. (Patty's on planning time.) Lunch is over already. The 8 Seahorses are going down for naps. Some are easy, and some are not. By 1:45, all of the kids are asleep. 2 - Patty's lunch. Kenn is back and we chat about this and that. Walk home listening to The World on the radio. Interesting report on a new documentary about the last generation of Soviet children – kids who grew up in the Soviet Union in the 1970s and 80s - My Perestroika.

Straight to my place. Turn on KOMO News. They interview a couple actors from Billy Elliott The Musical. Take a walk up Pike and down University enjoying the 52° sunny weather. Back at my place to watch MSNBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment