Thursday, March 31, 2011

donderdag 31 maart 2011


donderdag 31 maart 2011
Up with alarm. Turn on KOMO News. I like the segment about Seattle's 14,000 Square Mile Umbrella.

Egg salad on rice for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Karl Frisch joins Steph and mooks in the studio. He's funny. Shower. Check Seattle Times. Front page - Paul Allen Goes Public With Hard Feelings Toward Gates.

Up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's delicious coffee. (I think I'm going to need it.) Back to my place for more Steph and mooks. They talk about Obama's energy policy... and disagree with him about promoting nukes. Seeking to show he understands the burden of rising gas prices, President Barack Obama set an ambitious goal of reducing U.S. oil imports by one-third by 2025, and vowed to break through the political gridlock that has stymied similar initiatives for decades. Walk up Westlake to work. See the licensors in Pam's office. 10 - Short break for Toni. Wow! The favorite book for the Starfish is Dig, Dig, Digging. I have to read it 3 times.

The story has a catchy rhythm. It could be a fun song. 10:15 to 11 - Planning time for Patty. The 7 Seahorses are quiet and busy with a sticker project. Then it's crazy - pushing, stealing, crying and whining. They want to go outside, but they need to clean up the room. With some defiance, they eventually clean up the room. I'm aching to go outside, too. 11 - Charmaine's lunch. Now Cindy is covering for Patty's planning time. I take time away from the playground to set up Starfish and Seahorse lunches... 15 lunches in 30 minutes. 12 - Pam's lunch. Only 5 Sea Otters. A licensor and Misti are passing through the classrooms. Mr. O. is mellow and laying on his mat. He's still and quiet. While his classmates fall asleep, he's still awake and revving up. 1 - Anne's lunch. Pam deals with Mr. O. He's quiet then loud. I take him to the Bike Room. His mom picks him up. 2 - Patty's lunch. Seven Seahorses sleep. They are still asleep when I leave. Streetcar to d'town. Drop off stuff. Turn on NPR News. I love to listen to the pledge drive. KUOW is very good at raising money with conversation, challenges and pledges. Although the news is serious - Libya Rebels Stay On The Defensive.

I take my radio with me up to Whole Foods to get a few things. At my place, I turn on KOMO News for a little bit. Watch some Torchwood - Adrift.

Seriously, that is one of the better episodes the show has done.

Good quotes:

Jack: We could have used you an hour ago for Naked Hide-and-Seek.
Ianto: He cheats. He always cheats.

Gwen: [As Jack walks away] So is that it, then? We just sweep it under the carpet?
Owen: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. (holds up his permanently broken hand)
Gwen: Well, bollocks to serenity!
Owen: For a lovely girl you've got a very dirty mouth.
(like he should talk...:p)

No comments:

Post a Comment