Thursday, April 28, 2011

donderdag 28 april 2011

donderdag 28 april 2011 Up at 1:24. Tossing and turning, I watch a movie - The Angry Red Planet. The director was given only 10 days to shoot the movie and a budget of $200,000 with which to make it. I doze back to sleep, but I can hear Naura Hayden screaming in my dreams. The Martians warn Earth people never to return to their planet, or face destruction of the Earth as penalty for disregarding their message. Awake at 4:28. Spicy rice and fried eggs for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She interviews Rachel Maddow in the first hour. They talk about the old radio days they spent together. I remember that Seattle Town Hall. Rachel was awesome, Mama was, well, Mama. Someone on the live blog comments: Rachel so cool, smart, funny. She’s no Momma though. We love our klutz goofy silly Goddess. Shower. Before going to work, I watch Glee - Bad Reputation. Good job, kids, on Total Eclipse Of The Heart!

Turn on KUOW to listen to Weekday - 'A Natural History Of The Planet' With Tim Flannery. What is the human species' relationship to planet Earth? Are we parasites that will eventually self–destruct by exploiting resources to the point of ecosystem collapse? Mr. Flannery offers a optimistic prescription in his new book Here On Earth.

Up Westlake to work. 10 - Cover for Cristin's meeting with her new co-teacher. The 6 Starfish are happy with their stickers. 11 - Lunch prep for Dolphins and Sea Otters. 12 - Pam's lunch. I hang out and eat my lunch with the 8 Sea Otters. They easily go down for naps. 1 - Anne's lunch. Listen to the nap music. I hear an old familiar song - Sweet Lullaby by Deep Forest.

2 - Lydia's planning time. I hang out with the Tree Frogs. Most of them are napping. A couple of them are awake and anxious about me (because they don't know me). Streetcar to d'town. Up to my place. Watch a little KOMO News. Visit Uwajimaya to pick up a few things. #316 bus tunnel back. I hear someone ask, "Does this bus go to Northgate?" The answer is Not Exactly. Back to my place. Salmon rice rolls and salad for dinner. Watch MSNBC. Then the first episode of Stargate Universe - Air, Part 1. Midnight movie - Airplane II.

Simon: Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet your captain, Captain Oveur.
Clarence Oveur: Gentlemen, welcome aboard.
Simon: Captain, your navigator, Mr. Unger, and your first officer, Mr. Dunn.
Clarence Oveur: Unger.
Unger: Oveur.
Dunn: Oveur.
Clarence Oveur: Dunn. Gentlemen, let's get to work.
Simon: Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?
Unger: Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur and I was under Dunn.
Dunn: Yep.
Simon: So, Dunn, you were under Oveur and over Unger.
Unger: Yep.
Clarence Oveur: That's right. Dunn was over Unger and I was over Dunn.
Unger: So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.
Clarence Oveur: Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.



No comments:

Post a Comment