Saturday, April 9, 2011

zaterdag 9 april 2011

zaterdag 9 april 2011 Up at 6:08. Fairly restful sleep. Make my own coffee. Some Mayan Harvest Bake for breakfast. Play a couple episodes of Glee - Mash-Up and Wheels. Switch on KEXP for Eat The State. They talk about the Olympia Protests - Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. Shower. Walk up to Kaladi to borrow some Wi-Fi and sip some of Lauren's chamomile tea. She ploaying things like Morrisey and Pet Shop Boys. The shop is rather busy. Stream Wait, Wait at the shop. Short walk around d'town. There's a huge Phi Theta Kappa Convention at the WSCTC.

Back at my place. Chat with my mom. We talk about the Mariners vs. Indians... finding out later that the Mariners were humiliated in home opener. As you can see in the photo below, not too many fans stayed after the 5th inning. Indians 12 - Mariners 3.

Visit the Seattle Public Library for a little while browsing through the books. Listen to NPR News and Rick Steves' program on the radio. Walk up to Whole Foods to get a few things. Back to my place. Play some Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (the BBC TV series)... up to episode 3. I buy a new modem at Office Depot - a Motorola SURFboard SB5101U. The old one is on its last legs. I need to reset the router, but everything works. Watch France 24. C'est incroyable! L'homme araignée! The French Spider-Man climbs the Burj Khalifa Dubai.

I'm all revved up for having my high five Wi-Fi. I need to relax, but I get even more excitable by watching the sci-fi action-packed, suspenseful and emotional episodes of Torchwood - Children Of Earth: Day 2 and Day 3. The children say, "We are here". And they point to London. All these strange events are tied to an alien race known as the 456, named after the wavelength they communicate on. British government is ordered to build an isolation tank inside Thames House to receive the 456 when they arrive. Scary!

"We want your children!" (Just 10% of them. Ok?) How is Jack involved in the 1965 invasion? I switch to Futurama... which can be morbid and deadly in a cartoonish way. Watch the first Anthonology Of Interest. I love the scenario where Giant Bender and Giant Zoidberg tear New New York apart in a fight. "Well, there goes the neighborhood. Oh! There goes another neighborhood."

Giant Bender gets impaled on the Empire State Building. That's interesting... It's "Tales Of Interest!"

Midnight movie - Bender's Big Score. I conk out after the Swedish Invasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment