Sunday, April 17, 2011

zondag 17 april 2011

zondag 17 april 2011 Up at 3:30 to pee. Turn on Deutsche Welle and I fall back to sleep when it turns into German. Awake again at 6:05. I hear Father Roy Bourgeois "Confronting Militarism in the Americas." The speech was made at The Wallingford United Methodist Church last month. He says War Is Not Peace. Sometimes I feel that our world is pretty Orwellian. Shower. Michael picks me up and we head up to Kingfish Cafe. We meet Brian up there.

Wow... Lots of catching up to do, but we discover that things are pretty much the same for all of us. I'm expecting a brunch rush, but we have the place to ourselves. I have the French Creole Eggtorte with Roasted Tomato Coulis. Yummy! The bartender is very cute. Sorry, kid. Just orange juice for me today. Michael drops me off. Rest a while to digest. I find a station in Pasadena - 89.3 KPCC - which streams A Prairie Home Companion. I'm curious about Pasadena, so I play with Google Earth to explore the city... the parks, the schools, the restaurants and the Metro Gold Line.

Via YouTube, we can even ride the Gold Line from Del Mar to Memorial Park. Catch the 9th inning of the Mariners - Royals game. Yay! Seattle wins 3 to 2. The M's Emerge With A Rare Win. Time to get out of the apartment. The sun is coming out. Take a train down to Stadium Station.

It's very quiet down here. The Mariners will be coming back to town for their next game with Detroit, and it will be busy again. Walk up 4th to d'town.

Catch a #4 bus up to the Seattle Center. It was on this day 50 years ago that they broke ground to build the Space Needle. Report - Seattle Space Needle Turns 50 Year Old. Nice crop of red tulips. Attack of the giant tulips!

But I don't see any Spring Spheres here. Walk back to my place. Listen to Tavis Smiley. Then I watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Poor Sandy. I feel sorry for Billy, too.

Couscous with zuchinis and marinara sauce for dinner. Watch Heroes - Dual then I fall asleep while watching Stargate - Outsiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment