Saturday, April 23, 2011

zaterdag 23 april 2011

zaterdag 23 april 2011 I'm in and out of sleep last night, but I'm out of bed at 7:05. Hummus on toast for breakfast. Turn on KEXP to listen to CounterSpin. Dave Lindorff talks about Standard & Poor's "negative outlook" report on the U.S. debt, but my ears perk up when I hear him ask: Is The S&P Running Interference For The Right To Help Crush Social Security And Medicare? He suspects political shenanigans. A new blog. Yay!


I find a cute commercial for Sakura-Con on YouTube. I need to drop by and visit later.

Shower. Walk up to Capitol Hill. Shop for t-shirts and a new hoodie at Value Village.Drop off stuff at my place. Snack on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Head over to Freeway Park. The radio says it's 64° outside. Lovely day.

Meander around d'town - the library, Barnes & Noble, Westlake Center, Pike Street. The Sakura-Cons are everywhere... at every hotel and park. Back to my place. My prescription tells me to avoid sunlight. That's ashame. It's a sunny day in Seattle. Watch 3 Futurama episodes - A Clone Of My Own, Lrrreconcible Ndndifferences, and Spanish Fry. I've never seen A Clone Of My Own. I laugh out loud when Farnsworth says that The Speed Of Light was increased. It is impossible to go faster than this new speed of light. However, old light waves are still at the old speed. And Why Do I Have To Be The Hump?

Next - Stargate Atlantis: Brain Storm. There are lots of Cameo Appearances in this episode: Dave Foley, Bill Nye The Science Guy and Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson. It's like an episode of Weird Science with the repercussions of a wish... to save the Earth from global warming. A bolt of blue light bursts violently across the room, freezing one of the scientists solid. It's freeze lightening!

Since I recently jumped to the 5th Season of Stargate Atlantis, I go back to review older episodes like the award-winning Childhood's End. And I want to understand the migration of Atlantis across space to a new planet - Adrift and Lifeline. In honor of Sakura-Con, I watch Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment