Sunday, August 3, 2014

zondag 3 august 2014

zondag 3 august 2014 Up at 5:09. A nightmare wakes me... after such a nice day yesterday.(?) I go downstairs to see that Gregg is awake, too. Was he up all night? He asks if I want coffee. Yes, please. He goes out to get some Peet's coffee. Makes some cinnamon toast for me. The sun is peaking through the living room.
Gregg and I ride up to Whatcom Falls. The air smells sweet.
We breathe in this nice, clean air. It's relaxing. Back to the house. Watch Weekends With Alex Witt. Michael joins us outside for a little fresh air. We watch some handsome Steller Jays at the feeder. Gregg makes a second breakfast for me - a ham and chive omelet. Huge!  Very yummy. Michael looks tired, and he goes back to bed. I just want to hang out. Watch the Mariners - Orioles game. I see the only run of the game, and I decide to turn it off. Iwakuma, Mariners drop 1-0 decision to Orioles. I pet some of the cats. Relax on the shady deck. Listen to KQOW 90.3 in Bellingham. The Vinyl Cafe is so retro... Michael drives me down to the Bolt Bus stop. Good timing. It's there and ready.
I board the bus, and we're we're on time to take off (1:30), but at the last minute... the driver stops for a couple of late customers. Nice. We're on the road... on I-5. I love my radio. I scan the different stations, and one comes in crisp and clear - CBUF-FM - Première Colombie-Britannique 97.7 FM Vancouver, BC. Finally, I receive KUOW and I'm listening to a fascinating story. Snap Judgment is about people making life-defining choices, putting everything on the line. It's storytelling with a beat. The story of Elmyr de Hory’s artwork and Mark Forgy. The Forger's Apprentice. Intriguing.
I'm back in Seattle again. The Bolt Bus is good. Down into the Int'l District Station. Conveniently, a light rail train picks me up... right there!  Nice! and with A-C.  Drop off stuff at home. Fried chicken and potatoes for dinner. Whew! It's warm! We get to 88° but the record is 90° (1988). It's not HOT enough for Mad Max 3: Beyond The Thunderdome.

No comments:

Post a Comment