Thursday, April 29, 2010

donderdag 29 april 2010

donderdag 29 april 2010 Solid night's sleep. I want to keep sleeping after the alarm goes off. Turn on AM 1090. They mercilessly mock Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on the Stephanie Miller Show.

McConnell is a relic. As are most of his compadres in DC. Coconut rice and Chipotle Orange Beef for breakfast. Long hot bath. Walk up Terry Avenue to work. 10 to 12 - Planning time for Pam. Kenn covers for Teresa. Pam hangs out in the classroom to fix some posters. Stella comes in late. We make toy animal towers. The twins love it. We head outside to the small playground. Kenn originates a new phrase: The Whole Is Greater Then The Sum Of Its Farts. He makes me laugh out loud. I see that the Trailblazers and Explorers are taking their newly-hatched butterflies to the park... So, we take possession of the Big Playground. The Dolphins and Sea Otters love it! The big slide! The big trucks! The big balls! Everything is big and heavy for them. So exciting! Kenn and I take the Dolphins in for lunch early. Nolan is having a tough day. He wants Kenn to hold him. 12 - Pam's lunch. Six Dolphins eat lunch. I eat "Mike's lunch" with the kids. Wow. The kids can say "Mike's lunch" now. I change the diapers while Teresa cleans up the lunch mess. She also gets the Dolphins down for naps. (I'm asking myself, "What's the rush for nap time?") They wake up early, and then they wake up the Sea Otters. That is exactly what happens. This is exactly what I predicted. Mike's Tao Of Teaching: Nap Time Is Something That Is Perfect In Its Disorder. Piper doesn't nap. Nolan wakes up sad. 1 to 3 - Patty's lunch and Planning Time. Patty went to visit the Bright Horizons At SLU open house. It's going to be huge! "Corporate-style child care... Yuck!" Our conversation wakes up Alex, then Evanan, then Caitlin, then Wyatt... More nap time chaos. Oy! When I leave, I say "Good luck!" Patty responds, "No way!" Walk up to Capitol Hill. My back hurts too much, so I take a #49 bus downtown. Turn on The World. Report - Guam People Ponder Their Identity. There are plans to move some Okinawa Marines to Guam. Guam is a US territory, but as the report states, plans for the military build-up there have ignited soul-searching about just how American people there feel. And the Chamorros, Guam's indigenous people, first populated the island approximately 4,000 years ago, have their perspectives.



Finish off the coconut rice and chipotle beef. Watch movie - Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith.





No comments:

Post a Comment