Friday, April 9, 2010

vrijdag 9 april 2010

vrijdag 9 april 2010 Up with alarm. Solid night's sleep. Turn on BBC News. Report - Thai Red-shirts Storm TV Station. This fascinates me. Salsa con queso omelet on toast for breakfast. Switch to Stephanie Miller. Joslyn James, who claims to have had an affair with Tiger Woods for three years and posted their alleged texts to each other online, calls in to talk about why she wants an apology from him. It's a very provocative interview. Wow! Shower. Up to Kaladi. Jeremiah fixes my chamomile tea and Lauren rings me up. Short walk around First Hill. Take my tea home. Streetcar to work. 10 to 11 - Breaks for Erin, Justine, Olivia and Patty. Nice to hang out with the Wildflowers. They want to measure me on their poster paper. Nancy hangs out as well - playing some box game. It sounds like they're having lots of fun over there. Down to Sea Otters for Charmaine's lunch break at 11:00. We get them ready for going out to the playground. We are surprised by a hail storm. The kids love it!

Pre-schoolers are shouting, "We love the hail! We love the hail!"

The hail is lasting a long time. Take cover!

Protect yourself! You need a helmet.

It's too much, so we retreat. Patty does Circle Time with the 5 Sea Otters. I enjoy my lunch with the kids. 12 - Pam's lunch. The 8 Dolphins are already done with lunch. No mess to clean up... just diapers to do. Kathy does that while I entertain the kids with bubbles. 1 - Teresa's lunch. The Dolphins go to sleep. In the meantime, I browse through their library, and I found a cute little book - How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs. It's a delightful little story about dinosaurs who learn how to take care of their muddy pups and handsome hounds. From bathing and feeding to walking and tossing balls, wacky fun ensues as children learn patience and gentleness while sharing time with their beloved pets.

2 - Patty's lunch. It doesn't take long before Caitlin and Maya wake up with the noise next door and in the hallway. I take them down to the Bike Room. We hang out with some Seahorses. I take them back to the classroom when I leave for home. I walk half-the-way, the rest of the way by streetcar. Change my clothes. Walk up to Cal Anderson Park. Wait for the bus #43. Chat with an ex-pat from the Midwest who just moved to Seattle. Back to my place. Turn on France 24. Focus - Sudan holds its first multi-party elections in 24 years. I check my e-mail, and I find a touching photo of 5 generations together - Nana, mom, Lisa, Mary Beth and 2-month-old Ashton. Amazing! Amazingly, amazing!
Rice and chicken for dinner. Watch movie - the Sci-Fi classic - 2001: A Space Odyssey... a 1968 science-fiction film dealing with thematic elements of human evolution, technology, artificial intelligence, and extraterrestrial life. In a cosmic blink of an eye, we go from The Dawn Of Man...

...to a Pan American space plane flying Dr. Heywood R. Floyd to Space Station 5.

Floyd’s mission is to investigate an artifact dug up on the moon, initially detected by its magnetic signal and named "TMA-1" ("Tycho Magnetic Anomaly One").

"Jupiter Mission: Eighteen Months Later." The spaceship Discovery One, bound for Jupiter.

It seems that Frank Poole is enjoying BBC News on his iPad. An iPad? They interview HAL. BBC Interviewer: Good afternoon, HAL. How's everything going? HAL: Good afternoon, Mr. Amor. Everything is going extremely well.
Frank needs a dose of UV which helps with the development of Vitamin D.


[Dave and Frank are in the D pod, out of earshot of HAL] HAL is reading lips.

I've got a bad feeling about him. You do? Yeah, definitely. Don't you? I don't know. I think so. You know, of course though, he's right about the 9000 series having a perfect operational record. They do. Unfortunately, that sounds a little like famous last words.

Dave risks his life to get to HAL. Dave makes his way to HAL's LOGIC MEMORY CENTER in order to disconnect Hal. Hal tries to reassure him that everything will be all right, but Dave ignores him. As Dave disconnects one memory module after another from Hal’s circuitry, Hal continues to protest.

Dave, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a…fraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment