Saturday, April 10, 2010

zaterdag 10 april 2010

zaterdag 10 april 2010 Up at 5:10. I can't go back to sleep, so I turn on BBC News. Listen to documentary - Living With Tourists. They observe and compare the attitudes of natives of the Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago toward the tourists from other countries. Shower. Walk up to Whole Foods to get my breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns. Eat some of it there. The rest I eat at my place. Catch a train down to Columbia City. I want to visit Juan's Windows at the plaza.











I listen to Wait, Wait while walking up and down Edmunds and Ferdinand streets. Train back to d'town. Rest a little at my place. Craving for Thai food. Walk down to Mae Phim to pick up some Curry Chicken - red curry with chicken, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, bell peppers, & basil leaves. Yum! It's to go.

It feels chilly. Only 52°? Walk back to my place. Turn on Rick Steves' program. He interviews Tan and Lale Aran about Istanbul - its history, attrations, customs and peoples. SRM Travel is their website. It seems that I have had enough fresh air, so I stay at home. Watch episode of Outer Limits - Behold Eck! A two-dimensional alien finds himself transported to Earth, and seeks to return home with the help of an eccentric optical engineer. I like the opening narration.

"Since the first living thing gazed upward through the darkness, Man has seldom been content merely to be born, to endure, and to die. With a curious fervor he has struggled to unlock the mysteries of creation and of the world in which he lives. Sometimes he has won. Sometimes he has lost. And sometimes, in the tumbling torrents of space and time, he has brief glimpses of a world he never even dreams..."


Watch movie - 2012. I think that they do a good job with the Yellowstone Caldera explosion... Chunks of the volcano become meteorites. >>> '2012' VFX: Yellowstone Eruption Featurette.

2 comments: