Thursday, September 2, 2010

donderdag 2 september 2010

donderdag 2 september 2010 After unpacking, I turn on France 24 until 1:30. Play movie - Across The Universe. I fall asleep soon after starting it... soon after Girl.

Up at 6:30. I don't want to sleep in... I want to seize the day. Carpe Diem! Turn on Stephanie Miller. Interesting interview with Will Bunch, Senior Fellow at Media Matters for America. His new book, by the way, is “The Backlash: Right Wing Radicals, High-Def Hucksters, and Paranoid Politics in the Age of Obama” of course. Hot Pocket and my own coffee for breakfast. Shower. Walk down to my bank to make a deposit. Down to Westlake Station to catch a #72. I see the Hutch Kids Summer Camp waiting for a #550. I yell over there Hi! HI! HIII! They see me. The kids say, "Hi, Mike! Hey, it's Mike!" (Darrell: "Are you off today, Mike?") Up to Campus Drive and transfer to #68 and then mom calls me. I tell her that I arrived safe and sound... I'm in hum-drum Seattle now. She says, "I miss you already." ("I miss you back.") "I love you." --"I love you, too." (All you need is love.).

I would love an iPad. That's why I'm going to University Village to check out the Apple Store. I wander around first. I come to understand something about straight people... This is what happens when you breed. Oy! Kids and women shopping are a dangerous combination. At the Apple Store, I'm toying with an iPad and checking out my blog. Ooooh! There it is. The YouTubes work, too. Cool! The place is very busy. No time for me. No assistance. I wander off... away and up 25th. Catch a #30 to The Ave. and a #71 to d'town. Walk up 9th to Whole Foods to get a few things. Drop stuff at my place. Play the soundtrack of Across The Universe. A little snack for lunch. OK. I'm going to try again to get an iPad. This bus and that bus back to Value Village. It's busy all the time in the Apple Store. Yahoo! I get help right away. They set me up in 20 minutes. I take my package - the 32G iPad, iPad cover and ear buds - on the buses back to my place. I turn it on. Simple. I access my Wi-Fi in the house. No problem. I play the YouTube videos on my blog. I like the sound. I can't get Kool & The Gang - Celebration on the iPad. Sad. No celebration, iPad. But there's Louie, Louie.

And Madonna's Celebration... and Lost In Space by Avantasia...

And Star Trek Meets Monte Python...

I love it! But it's time to fix dinner. Oyster beef with coconut rice for dinner. Watch some MSNBC News.

Fall asleep while watching Futurama.

No comments:

Post a Comment