Saturday, September 11, 2010

zaterdag 11 september 2010

zaterdag 11 september 2010 Today is the 9th anniversary of 9/11. I still have the edition of the Seattle Times for that day. Check MSNBC. Report - 9/11 Nine Years Later. A boy pauses next to the reflecting pool in memory of victims in New York City.

My mind is in New York City all day long. I watch the vigils, the speeches and the solemn news reports. But I Google Earth to see Greenwich Street, Battery Park, Kaffe 1668, the MTA - One Line... and Picasso Pizza in the heart of Battery Park City. I swear that I can smell their pepperoni pizza. I like the time-lapse video of the buildings going up at the Ground Zero site.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Here's a link from the Collapsed WTC1 From Greenwich And Chambers Streets.

Listen to Rick Steves on the radio. His program is a repeat. Still, I enjoy hearing Lord Alderdice: Road Maps to Peace. He is one of the key political figures who helped to negotiate an end to Northern Ireland's long-standing "Troubles."

No comments:

Post a Comment