Monday, September 27, 2010

maandag 27 september 2010

maandag 27 september 2010 Up at 4:24. Turn on France 24. They do an exposé on Nabil Hadjarab - a detainee at Guantanamo (and one of the youngest). Report - France Says No Plan To Allow Guantanamo Inmate To Return. Sarkozy seems unresponsive. This is a photo of Nabil Hadjarab from 2000.

Black beans on toast for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. All the buzz is about Colbert. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said comedian Stephen Colbert embarrassed himself last week when he testified before Congress. Colbert spoke in character before members of a House judiciary subcommittee Friday to bring attention to the conditions facing undocumented farm workers. Shower. Walk up Westlake to work. 10 - Breaks for Renée, Cristin, Toni and Michelle. 11 - Up to Moons and Stars for Julie's lunch. The subject of circle time is What's In My Body. Erin helps the kids to do body posters and others make towers in the block area. I whip out my camera to take pictures of their creations. "Mike! Would you take a picture of me?" "And me!"




12 - Olivia's lunch. Easy hour. The 8 Wildflowers eat lunch and lay down for naps. 1 - Renée's lunch. The 7 Starfish sleep. Austin, Velvet and Toby wake up early. I take them to the Bike Room. 2 - Cristin's lunch. I'm still in the Bike Room with the kids. Other early risers join us. It gets pretty busy with the other kids. Before I leave, I wish Austin "Happy Birthday" and he gives me a big hug.

Streetcar to d'town. Walk over to Kress Grocery to pick up a few things. Up to the Convention Center to get my Monday Mondo Burrito. Drop off stuff. Walk up to the Madison Street Quickie-Mart to get a lotto. Meander through First Hill to my place. Play Star Trek - I, Mudd.

The fire alarm goes off. I head outside. I see J. R. and I help him with his bags. I hall them up 6 floors (since the elevators are off). Burrito for dinner. Watch MSNBC. Conk out early.

No comments:

Post a Comment