Friday, December 26, 2014

vrijdag 26 december 2014

vrijdag 26 december 2014 Midnight movie - Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock. I love the scene with Uhura and Mr. Adventure. Love his hair. Look at you. You're a twenty-year space veteran, yet you pick the worst duty station in town. Turn on BBC News. It's the 10th anniversary of the Indian Ocean tsunami. Friends Mark and Joe were in Thailand at that event. Manage to sleep for 90 minutes. Fried egg on toast for breakfast. Bath. It's 36° and a little foggy for my walk up to Whole Foods. Pick up a few things. Back to my place to warm up. Munch on some crispy bacon. Admire my good-bye cards from work. They're full inside and on the back. Watch France 24. Walk down to the library to print out my resume. A library clerk is very, very helpful. He coaches me step by step to access my e-mail, to send the attachment to the printer, print it out and pay for it. How exciting for me! Walk over to 717 Pine Street for lunch at CafĂ© Yumm!.
I got a medium Jazzy to go. I yummed it all up. A little walk up Pike. It's nice... fairly warm and sunny. Tourists sound a little surprised to see a line down the street for Starbucks. That's unbelievable! I try to explain, "Oh, it's the new Starbucks Reserve. Special coffee, I guess." One asks me, "Is it good coffee?" I respond with Pffft!
Sorry! It's a French Pffft... like "I don't care." Peu importe. (It slipped out.) As the sun quickly sets over Seattle... Peu importe.

No comments:

Post a Comment