Saturday, December 27, 2014

zaterdag 27 december 2014

zaterdag 27 december 2014 Up at 5:30. Finally! A good night's sleep. Check my lotto ticket. I might be a winner. I got a number and the Mega ball. Watch France 24 and KOMO News at the same time. I know that they carry news from all over the world, but I noticed France 24's fascination with American news - Tens of thousands gather for slain New York policeman’s funeral. Spaghetti carbonara for breakfast. It's perfect!
Weather report calls for rain in the morning, turning to showers in the afternoon. It looks fine outside, so I take a early morning walk. It's 43° and a little breezy for my walk down to 3rd Avenue. Back up Pike to my place. Watch Young Frankenstein. Turn on Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me. Time to take a moment to remember some of our favorite stories about celebrities, science, the Sochi Olympics and more. It's The Best Of 2014. First, I laugh. Then I cry. Watch movie - It's My Party. The film is based on the true events of the death of Harry Stein, accomplished architect and designer. I love Rick Steves for the holidays. In Europe, Santa Claus has some rather interesting relatives. Get acquainted with such characters as Baba Noel, Grandfather Frost, Saint Nicholas, Krampus, and even Samichlaus and Schmutzli. Listen in as friends from Madrid, Rome, London, and Lisbon tell us about their cities’ Christmas traditions, then hear how the holidays are celebrated in Bulgaria, the Swiss and Austrian Alps, and in the Low Countries. Getting toward the final episodes of Season 1 of Flipper.
Hash browns, fried sauerkraut and egg for dinner. Watch movie - Monty Python's Camelot. The DVD player keeps spitting it out, but it plays, eventually. My favorite quotes: What... is your favourite colour? ... Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! And the ever popular pie jesu domine, dona eis requiem. Meanwhile... On to scene 24, a smashing scene with lovely acting... an African swallow?

No comments:

Post a Comment