Friday, October 16, 2009

vrijdag 16 oktober 2009

vrijdag 16 oktober 2009 Up with the alarm. Turn on AM 1090. Bill Press talks about The Hate America Party. Bill says, "It’s hard to tell, these days, what the Republican Party stands for. But there’s no doubt what it’s against. It’s against anything good for America." Then it's The Stephanie Miller Show! They talk about the case of Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana. He is refusing to marry an interracial couple. Report - Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License By Louisiana Justice Of The Peace. "I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," he told the Associated Press.

Steph's voice still sounds raspy. Take care, Steph. Beans on toast for breakfast. Shower. Up to Kaladi. The shop is busy with NW School kids. Chicken or Garden Burgers, Condiments, BBQ Baked Beans, Pasta Salad and Garden Salad is on the lunch menu today, kids. Back to my place with my coffee. Streetcar to work. It's raining pretty good. Some kids venture outside, but most groups are staying inside. Fold laundry for 15 minutes. Breaks for Charmaine and Lydia. Evanan is testing us today. 11 - Lunch prep for Starfish and Seahorses. Kaida is a new Starfish, and she's crying a lot. The other Starfish are telling (and signing) her to "stop." The Seahorses play outside. They come back all wet and muddy. I find some new (dry) clothes in the laundry room. Theo looks like a surfer dude with his cut-off jeans and yellow t-shirt. 12 - Elaine's lunch. Most of the Starfish are asleep. Ben is trying my patience. He doesn't go to sleep until Elaine comes back. I sit with Kaida. She just looks at books, but at least she's happy (and awake). 1 - Anne's lunch. Ani wakes up early, so I take her and Kaida to the Bike Room. We are met by some Seahorses. Kaida seems happy to be there. Yay! 2 - Lydia's lunch. Four Sea Otters sleep. Ryan wakes up at 2:25. "A ball," he tells me. "Let's go to the Ball Room," I tell him. It's heaven for Ryan - a little 1-year-old - to be in there. We have balls of all sizes and colors.
I look for the streetcar when I leave work. It's stuck in traffic. It finally comes. Heavy drizzle. #101 bus tunnel to Uwajimaya. Get some General Tso's chicken and garlic pork at the food court. #101 bus tunnel back to my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment