Wednesday, October 28, 2009

woensdag 28 oktober 2009

woensdag 28 oktober 2009 Up at 2:10... 50 minutes before the alarm. Make some iced coffee. Shower and shave. Have time to watch some MSNBC News. There's Rachel Maddow from last night. Nothing for breakfast. Dan is very prompt - 4 o'clock on the dot. It's really rainy. We drive along Route 18 for quite a while.

We have the road to ourselves. At this hour, there's the occasional truck or car. We listen to the BBC News. Dan has that in common with me... BBC News rocks! They interview Tony Curtis about Some Like It Hot. 1 Hour and 5 Minutes drive to CAK airport. Thanks Dan... "Thank you for the sevice, good fellow." Ticketing takes only 10 minutes. TSA - 10 minutes. Short walk to Gate 11. There's my flight: Denver - FRONTIER Airlines - Flight 496 - Gate 11 - Time 6:15.

I need to write, but I lost my pen. A nice lady lends me her pen. Frontier has really cushy seats. Take-off at 6:15 - on time. The airplane is going 490 mph at 31158 feet at 6:40 near Bowling Green, OH. When we cross the Indiana border, we're at 36574 feet. Order a Mild Wasabi Chicken sandwich - $6 - made by Udi's Food. I rather like it. Yummy. I like Frontier. Good service. Sense of humor. Live TV for $6, but I don't buy TV. We're all equal - no First Class nor Business Class sections to segregate us from one another. Food service starts from the front and the back. After almost 2 hours of flying - according to the GPS - we're crossing into Nebraska. I see the light of the sun. We've been running away from it until now. Denver is coming up. Lo and behold! I can see something white out of the window. Snow!

Denver International is covered with it. Some flights are delayed... including mine.

8:45 Mountain Time - We taxi down the runway at 7 mph @ 5329 ft. Denver - The Mile High City. Then we stop to be de-iced. When we're in the air, and drinks are being served, the guy next to me says, "I need coffee! Because I'm nervous! This is my anniversary. I'm nervous!" I tell him that coffee isn't going to calm anyone down, and he laughs out loud. I discover after talking with him that he's not used to flying. It's his first flight to Seattle. We fly over the Cascades, and I ask him, "Isn't that beautiful? Below the clouds, it's lush green like Ireland with so many rivers and lakes..." After we disembark, I dash to a restroom. Down to the bus stop, I catch a connector to the train station.

I catch the 11:30 train to d'town.

Two teams of security go through the trains asking for tickets. They find two people who are free riding.

So, do you know what happens to these people who try to ride for free?

I arrive at Westlake Station at 12:05. Walk up to my place. Make a Bloody Mary. Whew! I upload my pics and movies. Review Mike Looks Back. This is a trip full of memories. Visit Michael. Get the keys. Say "hi" to Phoenix and Max. Loans me a briefcase full of movies. Watch Get Smart and Godspell. What a flashback to the past. "Day By Day." for example.

Thai noodles and curry chicken for dinner. I conk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment