Sunday, October 25, 2009

zondag 25 oktober 2009

zondag 25 oktober 2009 I conk out on the couch at 2 o'clock or something like that... wake up at 8:00. The sun is rising. I anticipate a busy day. Need coffee. Check e-mail while sipping coffee. There's mom. She eats breakfast first. I take a shower and shave... My beard is a little tough. Ouch. My breakfast is a garlic hard boiled egg, some ham salad on toast and some cold baked beans on the side. I try to make friends with Misti, but she hisses at me.


Take a walk around Wellington. Love the fresh fall air. Hey, Wellington has liquor.

Wellington is quite a historic town - established in 1818. Stroll through the downtown park.

I get myself a little lost of the way back to the house. Dan mocks me, "Mike got lost." Neder, neder, neder. Relatives arrive. There's lot of chat, stories and laughing. Someone refers to the Balloon Boy as the Jiffy Pop Boy.

Fun! It's a belated birthday party for mom. My nephews and nieces are growing up so fast.

Mary Beth is expecting... I'm going to be a grand-uncle!



We seem to have a great time together. I love it! Sometimes, I just had to stand back to watch the group. It's not often that I see them. Some of us leave... Not me. Some of us hang out in the Florida Room and talk about The Life Of Teachers and the soon-to-come Election Day. Alex is 17, but he sounds very politically aware. He's chomping at the bit to vote. When everyone is gone. We watch football... Well, I sit and stare at it. It's not my cup of tea. I'm ready to watch The Blob at 8:00 on TCM.

Stay awake for Die, Monster, Die, too. Mom watches with me from the kitchen. What a fun, scary movie. Good ol' 60's schlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment