Wednesday, October 14, 2009

woensdag 14 oktober 2009

woensdag 14 oktober 2009 Wake up to Don't Dream It's Over playing in my brain. I'm not sure why.

I wonder what's happened to Crowded House. It's raining this morning. Burrito for breakfast. Walk up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's delicious coffee. Who's the new clerk who wears a bandana around his neck? Listen to Stephanie Miller. She's sick, so Hal Sparks subs for her. Hal talks about Life Profit. Interesting concept. Something to replace the self-destructive and increasingly corrupt system that we have. Speaking of business... The headline in the news today - Recession Has Cost State One Of Every 20 Jobs. Washington state's unemployment rate rose to 9.3 percent last month. It makes me wonder who's next in the firing line? I look to my right, to my left. Will it be me? Back to my place with my coffee. Streetcar up to 9th and Westlake. Walk the rest of the way to work when the rain lets up. 10 to 11 - Wash dishes with Heather. Kim is at The Food Show at the convention center. 11 - Lydia's lunch. I come into the Dolphins, and they're all having bottles. I also feed Stella and Nolan their lunches. 12 - UP to the Wildflowers to set out their nap mats. 12:30 - 30-minutes lunch for Anne. 4 Starfish sleeping. 1 - Pam's lunch. Back to the Dolphins. Oy! Stella is awake after a 30-minute nap. Lydia lets me take her out to the lobby. I put her in the backpack. She says "hi" to everyone. 2 - Patty's lunch. Wyatt wakes up sad. His voice sounds awful. Charmaine manages to get him back to sleep. I take Tili and Caitlin to the Bike Room. The kids watch the rain fall out the window. 3 - Head up to Whole Foods to get some Tagine Chicken, garlic dip and goat cheddar cheese. Drop off stuff at home. Listen to The World. The Geo Quiz takes us to Bursa, Turkey. It is Turkey's fourth largest city. Here's a view of Bursa from the hills near Mount Uludağ, the ancient Mysian Olympus.

Bursa is hosting a historic soccer match being played between Turkey and Armenia... who are not exactly friendly neighbors. Take a short walk up to First Hill Park. I love the fall-colored leaves on Bellevue Ave. But there's the usual traffic jam on Boren Ave. The usual insane rush hour.

Back to my place. Play some more Supernatural - Bloodlust. There are subtitles in Swedish. Bra för mig! Cool! Supernatural är en amerikansk TV-serie från 2005. Then it's Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment