Saturday, October 24, 2009

zaterdag 24 oktober 2009

zaterdag 24 oktober 2009 I change time zones, and I'm in a new day. On the plane, I'm surrounded by some neat people. I especially like the granola couple with the laptop. I get to enjoy some shows from my seat (one row across and one down - Russell Brand and BBC Top Gear. Get a vodka-soda - $6.00 on my debit. I can't sleep. There's turbulence while I try to pee. Why? We arrive in Atlanta at 5:40... earlier than expected. I thank the granola couple for the nice view of their shows. They seem like nice people. Long walk to "D" Concourse. I get a #1 - Croissandwich, taters and coffee at a Burger King. No wait. Then they get slammed at 6:30. The Starbucks next door gets no action. Walk down to Gate D1A. It's really quiet here... No CNN noise either. Flight takes off for Akron-Canton Airport. Everything is on time. What a blessing! Heading out the front door, I phone Dan. He says that he's is just driving into the airport. How easy! I love this airport. He picks me up, and we head to Wellington, Ohio. It is a 45-minute drive. Dan and I catch up about family stuff... also chat about politics - the deficit, Afghanistan, equal rights and more. We arrive at my folk's place... Hugs, hugs, hugs! I see that the house is decorated for Holloween.

I get some sweet treats from mom to boost this poor sleep-deprived traveller - a donut, a cookie and some orange juice. I unpack a few things. I try to get reacquainted with the cat Misti, but she's hesitant. Mom and dad watch the Ohio State vs Minnesota.

I watch a little while we chat and catch up on things. I call Nana and tell her that I'm home - safe and sound. The rest of the day is a blur. I turn on the TV to watch some BBC America programs... and doze in and out of sleep on the couch in the Florida Room. Dad orders stuff from The Fort. I get some fried chicken which is a little dry. I finally get a shower after dinner. They have HBO. Yay! Watch The Abyss.

THAT MOVIE DOESN'T MAKE ME VERY SLEEPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment