Wednesday, October 21, 2009

woensdag 21 oktober 2009

woensdag 21 oktober 2009 Up with alarm. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She's busy with interviews today... starting with Lester Brown, Founder of the Earth Policy Institute and author of “Plan B 4.0”. He talks about the need for immediate environmental action. Spaghetti with turkey sausage for breakfast. Shower. Walk up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's scrumptious coffee. The shop is busy with students, then at 8:00, they disappear. Back to my place for a few minutes. I can't get the computer to shut off. It's been acting funny lately. It's raining when I leave for work. Take the streetcar. One-hour lunches today. Yeah! Breaks starting with Andy. The Rainforest kids are in the Bike Room. It seems that Kaleb has found his inner Wild Thing. He used to be so mellow.

11 - Teresa's lunch. We're hanging out in the Bike Room with the Dolphins and Sea Otters. The Sea Otters have a short lifespan in the Bike Room. They're hungry. Whew! Celeste gives me a break at 11:30. That's the start of the lunch crunch... and I'm missing it. Celeste gets to experience a little of that Dolphin energy. I'm glad that she stayed to help the group finish lunch. 12 - Lydia's lunch. The Sea Otters are finishing lunch. Slowly, but surely, Patty changes the diapers. We get them down for naps. The room is a mess. Toys everywhere. We have time to sort it out. 1 - Pam's lunch. Stella wakes up after only 30 minutes of sleep. Geez, Stella. She will not go back to sleep. Teresa's tries. 2 - Patty's lunch. The Sea Otters are sleeping. Wyatt wakes up early but in a good mood. "Hey, it's Mike. Let's play." The rest of the Sea Otters get my nap award. They sleep almost 3 hours. Walk up Denny Way to Cal Anderson Park. I see the NW kids doing laps around the park. I love the Fall smell in the air. Listen to The World. The Geo Quiz takes us to a neighborhood in Berlin - Kreuzberg. The World quotes straight from Wikipedia... "Kreuzberg has emerged from its history as one of the poorest quarters in Berlin in the late 1970s, where it was an isolated section of West Berlin to one of Berlin's cultural centers in the middle of the reunified city. The borough is known for its very large percentage of immigrants and second-generation immigrants." I also enjoyed the Black Sea Hotel. Beautiful chorus!

Back to my place. Turn on The Rachel Maddow Show. (I miss Rachel on the radio - AM 1090.) Today, she talks a lot about Gay Rights. But... Best of all... She does a bit about the UK's X Factor. This made me laugh out loud.

I watch these kids again, and I laugh some more with tears rolling out of eyes. Extraordinary! Something silly to prepare me for another (probably) gruesome episode of Supernatural. I chose - Red Sky At Morning. Yes, it is rather gruesome. Some guy is prepping for bed when he sees his tub is filled with a black liquid. He investigates and a hand reaches out to choke him. Sam and Dean investigate and discover the dead guy saw a Ghost Ship.


Bela gives the boys $10,000 as payment for saving her life. Sam is impressed with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment