Friday, October 2, 2009

vrijdag 2 oktober 2009

vrijdag 2 oktober 2009 Dream about travelling in Hawaii. The alarm wakes me up. I want to go back to my dream. Turn on BBC News. Decision Day For 2016 Olympics. A growing throng of expectant Chicagoans is gathering in Daley Plaza in downtown Chicago, some wrapped in American flags, others wearing the orange color adopted by the Chicago 2016 bid team. Three Chicago-area students who attend La Lumiere School in LaPorte, Indiana, show up at Daley Plaza this morning waving two Chicago flags with five interlocking rings pasted in the middle star.

Turn on Stephanie Miller. Another sex scandal? What? Huh? David Letterman Admits Affairs With Employees (VIDEO) Wow! Chili spaghetti for breakfast. Bath. Up to Kaladi for coffee. The shop is a little busy. Back to my place with my coffee. Play with MySpace. Ride the streetcar to work since it's a little rainy. Don't want to get my Chucks wet. 10 to 11:30 - Kitchen help. I cut my finger in the dishwasher. Ouch! I need a band aid. Fold laundry and prepare 5:30 snack. 12 - Charmaine's lunch. Only 4 Sea Otters who sleep. 1 - Pam's lunch. Paxton and Harrison wake up when she leaves. I almost get Harrison back to sleep. But the room is too busy. Stella's mom is visiting. 2 - Patty's lunch. Charmaine sets up a little graham cracker snack. We head down to the Bike Room. There are no bikes there, but we have fun with the balls. 3:15 - Streetcar to d'town. Train to Uwajimaya. Get to sweet & sour pork, Sho Chiko Bai and tomato juice. Train back to d'town. It's cool and sunny. Check the news. Chicago is somewhat disappointed.

But some Right-wingers seem rather happy that Chicago was denied. Upon being informed of the news, a gathering of conservatives at the Americans For Prosperity -- one of the main organizing groups behind the tea party protests -- erupted in applause. They cheered once more after they were told that Chicago had been eliminated during the first round of voting. The moment was captured on video (below) and reported by Hotline On Call:

I hear of this, first, on The Ron Reagan Show. Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment