Friday, October 9, 2009

vrijdag 9 oktober 2009

vrijdag 9 oktober 2009 Up at 4:48. Turn on AM 1090. I hear Bill Press talking about Obama winning the Nobels fredspris... the Nobel Peace Prize. President Obama wins the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. How cool is that! That's much better than getting the Shoe Prize.

Fried egg on rice with beet salad for breakfast. Stephanie Miller is now using Twitter @smshow. It sounds like she's enjoying it. Hooray! Shower. My books about Scandinavia are due, so I haul them down to SPL. Bye, my lovely Swedes.


Back to my place. Listen to Obama's speech about the Nobel Prize.

Walk over to 801 Tower Caffe Ladro. Need coffee. Walk up Westlake to work. 45-minute lunches again. 10 to 11 - Kitchen help. It goes rather smoothly. 11 - Kris' lunch. 8 Seahorses play. I ask Maya and Théo, "Qu'est-ce que c'est pumpkin en français?" Théo tries to tell me, but I don't understand. La citrouille 11:45 - Elaine's lunch. 6 Starfish are finishing lunch. I need to help Bella and Ben to sleep. The have nap issues. 12:30 - Anne's lunch. All of the Starfish are sleeping. 1:15 - Olivia's lunch. 8 Seahorses sleep... even through the noise of the early-risers next door.. 2 - Kechelle's lunch. 15 Wildflowers are sleeping. I can hear the Starfish playing in downstairs in the Bike Room. I find an issue of Bon Appétit to browse. Interesting cocktail recipe - the Spring-Onion Cocktail. I also find a book - The Kindness Curriculum by Judith Anne Rice.

The Dalai Lama said once, "My religion is kindness." I think it's nice that people planned a curriculum about teaching kindness to children. It's an interesting book. 2;45 - Kris' break... and then I walk home. Drop off stuff. Walk up to Cal Anderson Park. Kids playing soccer. Get some groceries at QFC. I check myself out. Watch Keith Olbermann - Special Comment On Health Care Reform.

Very stirring... very personal. Fajita beef on rice for dinner. Watch episodes of Supernatural - Home and Asylum. In Home, Sam has nightmares of their old home, the brothers return to Lawrence, Kansas to investigate. The guys encounter an angry poltergeist. The Fiery Human Furnace is -- gasp! ... mom?

In Asylum, Sam and Dean investigate an abandoned sanitarium and discover that when the hospital was open, the patients held a revolt against the cruel and unusual punishments inflicted by the head doctor. While the brothers search the premises for four lost college students, the tortured spirits cause them to go insane, turning Dean against Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment