Friday, October 23, 2009

vrijdag 23 oktober 2009

vrijdag 23 oktober 2009 Up at 3:11. Turn on BBC News. Report - Record Recession For UK Economy. Disappointing news for the Brits. The UK economy unexpectedly shrank 0.4% between July and September, making the recession the longest since records began. I almost doze back to sleep, but the alarm goes off. Turn on Stephanie Miller via the station in LA - KTLK. They sound annoyed with GOP-ers saying that President Obama’s Afghanistan decision is taking too long. “What Cheney calls dithering.” We've had enough Dick. Bean dip on toast with a fried egg on top for breakfast. Switch to Morning Edition. Interesting review of a movie - Ong Bak 2. The martial artist - Tony Jaa - looks hot!

Shower. Check e-mail. Love the Yes On 71 poster from Joe and Mark.

Do a little packing for my trip to Ohio. Take my own coffee to the trolley station. Ride it up to work. It's raining. 10 - Breaks starting with Anne. Kaida - the new girl - is crying, "Mama, mama, mama." I get to go outside for Jessica's break. The rain lets up. Seven Seahorses play on the wet playground... splashing in puddles and squishing the mud. 11 - Up to Sunshine Kids for Renee's lunch. It's just free play with 3 kids who are pretending to cook and make a picnic. 12 - Justine's lunch. I transfer 5 Wildflowers from the playground to the classroom. The Wildflowers are quite self-sufficient. They get out their lunches. They eat. We chat about this and that... about our whole names. "John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt." They chose books just before nap time. Justin picks A Very Hairy Scary Story.

1 - Olivia's lunch. Seven Seahorses sleep. Quiet time. 2 - Upstairs to Wildflowers again for Darnell's lunch. I hear Japanese lullaby music playing. Justine is cleaning up an accident that Olive had. Yet, most of the kids are sleeping. Walk straight home after work. Left-over Whole Foods for dinner. Bath. Finnish packing. Leave the apartment at 5:58. Walk down to Westlake Station. I'm glad that I'm wearing shorts. It's rather mild this evening. I barely wait a minute and a train appears. Lucky me! Take pics and movies of my ride down.

The white connector bus has only 2 passagers - me and some weird guy. 7:07 - Walk into the airport. It's rther quiet. No agents at ticking. After a short walk in the terminal, I see a line for AirTrans. Everything goes smoothely - ticketing and security. 8:00 - I reward myself with a glass of wine at Alaska Lodge. My flight takes off early. Off I go... to Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip ! Send my regards to your family for me !

    ReplyDelete