Friday, July 16, 2010

vrijdag 16 juli 2010

vrijdag 16 juli 2010 Up before alarm. Turn on France 24. The culture report interviews author John Biguenet. His book Oyster has been translated into French. Rice and fried egg for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She chats with Christian Weller, Economist with the Center for American Progress, to update us on the economy, jobs, and the housing market... including what John Boehner said: "Repeal Wall Street Reform." It's about Acting to Restoring American Financial Stability, Boehner. Not enough pages, my dear Boehner. It needs to hit the floor of the House with a resounding THUDDD!!!

Shower. Play with Google Earth and visit the neighborhood of the Argentine National Congress, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Play with FM Forums, too. I see that Joseph Gordon Levitt has fun in a giant bubble.

...before appearing on the David Letterman Show.

Magically delicious! Can't wait to see him in Inception. He has become one of my favorite actors.

Short walk around d'town. Streetcar to work. It's Pam's schedule today. Breaks for Pam, Renee, Christin and Patty. Everyone is conveniently outside for all these breaks. High-density population. But everyone plays well together. 11 to 12 - Jessica's break. Elaine and I hang out with the 7 Dolphins on the playground. The other groups file inside before we do. I do the diapers while Elaine deals with the fray. 12 to 12:15 - My break. 12:15 to 1:15 - Cristin's lunch break. Velvet is the 8th Starfish now. Her grandmother is her chaperon. The kids are already done with lunch when i come in. They go down for naps. Renee and I struggle with Piper's nap. Piper really knows the system. She pleas for me. "Mike, Mike, Mike." But Renee deals with the situation just fine. (Multiple solutions for various challenges.) 1:15 - Renee goes home early. At 2:00, Kathy comes in and I move over to the Seahorses. Alice wakes up when I walk in. She's a light sleeper. Then Alex wakes up. He can't go back to sleep. I see a look of frustration in Charmaine's face. We need a nice, relaxing weekend, in my opinion. Walk to Whole Foods to get some salad bar. I see a funny bumper stick.

Drop off stuff at my place. The sun is finally coming out. #11 up to Capitol Hill. Walk around Cal Anderson Park. Walk down Pike to my place. Watch MSNBC. They report about the oil spill. Keith Olbermann interviews Valerie Plame on the perils of nuclear proliferation.

Curried chicken on rice for dinner. Watch Jurassic Bark. From this paper Fry learns that an intact 20th century pizzeria has been unearthed under New New York, and they go visit the exhibition in the museum that shows the findings. It sports a complete pizzeria reconstruction, and Fry realizes it is actually Panucci's Pizza, the place he used to work at before he was frozen.

Fry has a flash back to the days when he worked for Panucci's Pizza and when he met Seymour.

Meanwhile, Amy and Leela are practicing hand to hand fighting in rather revealing outfits, during which Amy is getting her cute butt kicked bigtime.

Bender introduces a kind of dog of his own, Robo-Puppy, which does not have the desired effect of making Fry jealous.

The Professor announces that the Clone-O-Mat is ready.

Fry decides not to revive Seymour saying, "I had Seymour until he was three. That's when I knew him, and that's when I loved him. I'll never forget him. But he forgot me a long time ago." The end of the story is sad. A flashback shows that in the years that passed after Fry left, Seymour had faithfully obeyed Fry's last command, which was to wait in front of Panucci's Pizza until he returned. Seymour stays there as the years pass and he, the pizzeria, and Mr. Panucci begin to show their age. In the final shot, Seymour lies down and closes his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment