Sunday, July 11, 2010

zondag 11 juli 2010

zondag 11 juli 2010 Up at 12:10. I fall back to sleep while watching The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Zaphod: You Zarkin' Frood!

Up again at 7:30. Watch France 24. Today's the big day... the finale for the World Cup. Netherlands vs. Spain.

Dutch football fans scrambled Wednesday for pricey, last-minute tickets to South Africa as the country went football crazy after reaching the World Cup final for the first time in 32 years. Orange flags took over city streets after the national team's 3-2 win over Uruguay in the semi-final - WC 2010.
Coconut rice and a scrambled egg for breakfast. With Wikipedia, I study the history of the Netherlands and the House of Orange - the Dutch royal family. Shower. Up to Michael's and Gregg's place to watch the World Cup match... HD on ABC. It's a rough match. The ref passes out lots of yellow cards. Nigel de Jong should have gotten a red card after planting his foot in the chest of Xabi Alonso. Whoa!

Michael and I notice a very cute replacent - 22 - Jesus Naval. The tension shows in the players. A commentator says, "This is a pig of a game." It goes into extra time. In the last moment, Iniesta kicks it in. Game over - Netherlands 0-1 Spain. I can't believe it. I'm sad and crying about the defeat of the Dutch. All verklempt, I leave my friends to go down to my place. I change out of my orange t-shirt. I walk d'town. I see orange t-shirts and Spanish jerseys. Train to Uwajimaya. Get some Sho Chiku Bai, Orangina, grilled chicken noodle plate and seafood salad. #71 bus tunnel back to my place. Play some Hulu stuff. Eureka - Founder's Day and Sliders - This Slide Of Paradise. Why is Jerry O'Connell always taking his shirt off? (And he should keep it off.)

Watch NOS reports of the loss... the reactions of the Dutch fans on the Museumplein and from player Dirk Kuyt. The fans are crying, down and out, consoling each other.


Kuyt: 'We're just mad' Kuijt: "We zijn gewoon boos" He was angry about the decisions of the referee, but said Spain a deserved winner. Hij was boos over de beslissingen van de scheidsrechter, maar noemde Spanje een terechte winnaar. Watch SNL With Joseph Gordon Levitt.



He appears on "The Mellow Show" with Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews, he plays Jason Mraz singing Lookin' Good. Good imitation.

Ozzy Osbourne is not so mellow. "The octopus pooped in my van." He freeks out David.

And What Up With That? Rice noodles and chicken strips for dinner. This evening is a good reason to play the ultimate action-adventure disaster movie - 2012. I'm exhausted and fall asleep during the movie... somewhere after the scene where the Chinese blow up chunks of Tibet for the ark project.

No comments:

Post a Comment