Wednesday, July 14, 2010

woensdag 14 juli 2010

woensdag 14 juli 2010 Up 2:03. Oh! Let's turn on France 24 to watch the Bastille Day parade. In France, the police, firefighters and life guards are part of the Ministry of Defense. I didn't know that. It's raining (on-and-off) on their Parade down the Champs-Élysées. There is some controversy. Twelve African heads of state were guests of honor at the annual display of military power on France's national holiday. And Several African Soldiers In July 14 Parade 'Could Be War Criminals' Sarkozy says, "Some people have criticized the invitation I made to participate in the July 14 parade. The purpose of this gathering is not to celebrate your independence, you do it very well yourselves. But it is to celebrate the strong ties that history has forged between our peoples and to build for a better future.”

Watch the parade for an hour. Listen to the news. Up before alarm. Check weather in London, England. Mild with showers. I hope Daniel brought an umbrella. Tunafish salad sandwich for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Hal Sparks is streaming the show. Steph is wearing her S.L.U.T. t-shirt.

Shower. Walk up Westlake to work. I pick up my schedule and look at it. "This is a magical schedule," I tell myself. 10 to 11:15 - Planning time for Anne. Six Sea Otters hang out. Pam does a few diapers. She sets up a cool sensory experience: cold water and bubbles. They love it. I love it, too!

The kids are involved in the water play for about 10 minutes. I'm surprised by how many the group are walking now. After cleaning up the table, we head outside. Alex uses me as a ladder to climb out of the sand box. Smart kid. He would have gone splat.

11:15 to 12:45 - Lunch set-up for Starfish and Seahorses. Nice to have some extra time to open and cut everything. (The parents should do this.) I set up mats for the Starfish, then I join the Seahorses for lunch. They seem curious about my pasta salad. 1 - Up to Rainforest Kids to give Andy a break. (He's subbing for Justine.) Is that Andy's CD playing at nap time? 2 - Over to Sunshine Kids to give Margot a break. (She is subbing for Kechelle.) The 5 kids sleep soundly. Nice and quiet. Take streetcar to my place. Change clothes. Take a walk around the Denny Triangle. A new project: Terry Avenue Will Get Greener. Back at my place. Play podcast of The World. The story about The Tree Hotel in Harads, Sweden is interesting. Watch Star Trek - Shore Leave. The crew of the Enterprise visits a bizarre planet of dangerous illusions. Kirk gets in a fight with young Finnegan, a cocky Irish practical joker he knew back from his academy days and meets a former girlfriend, Ruth, whom he hasn't seen in years.


Chicken and spaghetti for dinner. Watch a little Keith Olbermann. Play movie - Star Trek. Kirk gets beat up in a bar fight... Always getting in trouble.

After the bar fight, Kirk meets Captain Christopher Pike, who challenges him to emulate his father's heroism and join Starfleet. I roll over and doze off soon after that scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment