Friday, January 29, 2010

vrijdag 29 januari 2010

vrijdag 29 januari 2010 Up at 1:50. Turn on BBC News. Tony Blair is giving live testimonial to the Iraq War Inquiry. He sounds rather forceful with his explanations. (I don't believe him.) Report - Blair Denies 'Covert' Deal With Bush To Invade Iraq.

I listen to the proceedings for a little while and doze off to sleep again. Awake just before alarm. Pizza and two fried eggs for breakfast. My coffee is rather strong. Turn on Stephanie Miller. A caller talks about how the Arabs would be insulted if we let the gays into the army. Steph remembers what Ellen DeGeneres said... "What would upset the Taliban more than a gay woman wearing a suit in front of a room full of Jews?" It's Fridays With Fugelsang! Today, he's has quite a few clever limericks with a political tone. The shower is merely warm. Up to Blockbuster to drop off a movie. Back to my place to pack my lunch. Streetcar to work. 10 to 11 - Breaks for Anne, Olivia, Kenn and Patty. Fire Drill! Charmaine is smart to keep the kids in the classroom. It's easier to get them out our back door. 11 - Charmaine's lunch. Six Sea Otters play in the Bike Room. Patty and I head them down for lunch time just before Noon. 12 - Teresa's lunch. Six Dolphins eat lunch. Nolan gets the first diaper... I do all the diapers. We have some extra help at nap time. Nice. 1 - Kenn is subbing for Pam and it's his lunch. Dolphins sleep, but I can hear Alex making a lot of noise next door. He's fighting his nap. Stella and Piper wake up just before I leave to do Patty's lunch at 2. Six Sea Otters sleep through the whole hour. I manage get away 4 minutes early to catch the 3 o'clock streetcar to d'town. Switch on my radio to listen to The World. The report of Avatar In The Amazon is fascinating. Reporter Melaina Spitzer joined a group of indigenous leaders from the Amazon in Ecuador’s capital Quito, to see Avatar on the big screen in 3D.

Mes félicitations à la nomination de Phoenix - Grammy pour le meilleur groupe d'Indie. Allons-y!

Catch a #10 up to Cal Anderson Park. Walk around a little. Shop at QFC for Mount Vikos Kasseri goat's milk cheddar cheese, soup and minced clams. I have a plan to make another clam stew... tomorrow... perhaps. Listen to music - Seal.

I haven't heard Seal in a long time. He's beautiful. Tired... Go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment