Wednesday, January 27, 2010

woensdag 27 januari 2010

woensdag 27 januari 2010

Dream - I am taking a tour around Niagara Falls. A lot of water falling. Very impressive.

Up with alarm. Turn on AM 1090. Bill Press topic of discussion - State of the Union tonight: What do you want to hear? On The Stephanie Miller Show - New York Times columnist Frank Rich calls in to talk about his latest column, After The Massachusetts Massacre. Roast chicken on rice for breakfast. Shower and shave. Hal Sparks joins TSMS in the L.A. Studio for another edition of “Humpdays With Hal.” He’s bringing his video equipment - as well as with his unique insights - so I need to visit The Hal Sparks Hot Sexy Cam Show! Hal is really something...

Hal watched Rachel Maddow last night. (I didn't.) I need to check it out. Report - The Economy In The Obama Era... with graphs and Rachel's commentary. James K. Galbraith, economist and professor at the University of Texas, talks with Rachel Maddow about the pitfalls of a federal spending freeze and the progress President Obama has made so far in salvaging the economy. Streetcar to work. 10:10 to 12:45 - Planning time for Patty. Jessica covers for Charmaine. Six Sea Otters play with bubbles, books and babies... emphasis on the books. Jessica reads to them while I change diapers. Then we walk to the Bike Room. It's funny not to have a climber anymore. Maya starts to throw up when we leave the Bike Room. Oy! Then Nolan trips and bites his tongue. Blood gushing. MAJOR OY! Luckily, Sharyn can help us out. Call this Bodily Fluids Day. We send Maya home. It's rather hectic dealing with all this at lunch time. 1 - Teresa's lunch. I find tranquility with 6 Dolphins sleeping. 2 - Patty's lunch. Five Sea Otters are napping, but Alex wakes up early. Charmaine deals with him. I hear him saying something like "knee" over and over. (?) Is Alex one of the new Knights Who Says Ni? Maybe he needs a nice shrubbery instead of a nice nap. Walk mostly up Terry Avenue to my place. Drop off stuff. Walk up Pike to B'way. Drop off $3 in the donation jar at Kaladi. At home, I turn on the podcast of The World. Roast chicken on spaghetti for dinner. Watch the State Of The Union on CNN. A photo of my desktop during the President's speech...

It's not meant to be a political comment, but it's interesting that President Obama is saying, "We got to get it right!" when I take it. The models on my desktop are trying to "get it right," too. Watch movie - The Day After. Quote: "Hiroshima was peanuts."

I remember the night of November 20, 1983 as I watched "The Day After" how ABC did not run any commercials after the nukes went off and that right afterwards the network had a special news program in which Dr. Carl Sagan introduced us to the idea of a "nuclear winter" and the fact that the reality of a nuclear exchange would be much worse than we had seen. I watched with my friends Kevin, David, Ross and Sean at the little Lake Union bungalow on Fairview. David said, "Here it comes." We held our breath as the first bomb explodes above Kansas City.

No comments:

Post a Comment