Wednesday, January 13, 2010

woensdag 13 januari 2010

woensdag 13 januari 2010 Day off. Awake at 5:30. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Karl Frisch, Senior Fellow at Media Matters for America, calls in at to talk about the Right’s reaction to the Prop 8 trial. They discuss The Conservative Case For Gay Marriage printed in Newsweek. Check Seattle Times for news. Front page...

I'm so sorry, Haiti. Report - Thousands Feared Dead In Haiti Quake. Toast and hummus for breakfast. Switch to BBC News. They are totally covering the stories coming out of Haiti. They focus on the orphanages and how they cope. The orphanages are needing aid to help more orphans. I get chocked up to hear one interviewee say, "This is the end of the world." "C'est la fin du monde." I hear the interviewer gasp as well. This seems like a trifle in comparison, but I go up to Value Village to buy another pair of jeans... without so many holes. Drop off my jeans at my place. Take a walk to channel my stress about Haiti. Down to Pike Market. Browse through the shops. Just browsing. Walk down Second Ave. to University Street Station. Train to Uwajimaya. Get the lunch special - Kung Pao chicken - $5.75. Train back to my place. I'm lucky with the trains today. Turn on MSNBC. Port-au-Prince. It's all about the earthquake in Haiti. This earthquake is haunting me... because I had a nightmare about an earthquake in Seattle... a very BIG BAD ONE. Boil some hard boiled eggs. I wonder... How is the United States Embassy Of Haiti is coping. They display an emergency symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment