Saturday, January 16, 2010

zaterdag 16 januari 2010

zaterdag 16 januari 2010 Up at 4:43. Rice with red beans and fried egg fir breakfast. Turn on BBC News. Listen to documentary - Health Of A Nation. Michael Goldfarb looks at the issues surrounding the US government's plans to reform the health care system in America. Once again, the world gets to hear how crazy we, Americans, are. Switch to Radio Galaxie Haiti to listen to their news. At least, they're working. Other Haitian radio stations are knocked out. Need to check #16 schedule to Wallingford to take my CPR/First Aid class. I'm early, so I take a walk around. The Blue Star Cafe is busy with brunchers. Walk over to Kuma Coffee for coffee. Oh! French press coffee.

The trainer - Robb - is cute... talks fast, funny, clear, organized... perfect. This is the best CPR/First Aid training that I have had. I am joined with co-workers Kenn and Karen. Kenn cracks me up with his clever jokes.

After the training, my goal is to head down to Uwajimaya. The #44 is 10 minutes late. Lots of traffic - as usual - on 45th. Walk down The Ave. to catch a #73 to d'town. The bus is packed, but I get a seat. The guy sitting next to me seems anxious to GO! It only takes 24 minutes to get d'town. Wow. Uwajimaya is busy! I have never seen this place as busy. What's up? #255 bus tunnel back to my place. Nice to settle. Turn on Rick Steves program. He interviews Sir Salman Rushdie about his book - The Enchantress of Florence. They talk about and offer suggestions on how to confront the cultural clash between "East and West." Watch Legend Of The Seeker.

Richard, are you being punished for being a bad boy... again? We know now that you have Rahl blood in you.

Spaghetti with sausage for dinner. Conk out early.

No comments:

Post a Comment