Tuesday, June 15, 2010

dinsdag 15 juni 2010

dinsdag 15 juni 2010 Up at 2:02. Turn on France 24. They cover the release of a 5000-page report of the "Bloody Sunday" shootings. Report - 38 Years On, Bloody Sunday Still Haunts Victims' Families. None of the victims were armed and soldiers had given no warning before opening fire. Relatives of the Bloody Sunday victims hold photos of them as they march to the Guildhall in Londonderry, Northern Ireland.

Eventually, I go back to sleep... and I have a dream of Austin (grown up) taking a STARS course with me. Awake before alarm. Turn on Stephanie Miller. The Rude Pundit calls into the show. He asks, "How long does a hangover last?" He partied with the people at the Bonnaroo Festival in Manchester, Tennessee. Sounds like a lot of fun. The Young Veins played there, too. Here's a Young Vein.

Fried egg on rice for breakfast. Up to Kaladi for coffee. I say something silly to the cashier. She's not taking any of my guff. I'm out of there... but I still drop a 50-cent tip in the jar. I realize that I'm a little buzzed from multi-tasking with my computers. Back to my place to clean up the apartment a little bit. Walk up to Whole Foods to get a couple things. Parker is my cashier. At least, he's nice to me. Catch the streetcar to work. Good schedule. Patty signs me up for a little planning time. I get to hang out with the new Seahorse group on the playground. Perfect! We also play on the new deck. That's fun, too. 11 - Elaine's lunch. Seven Dolphins move from the deck to the classroom. They don't handle "the move" very well. They're a young group. I set up their lunches while they cry around me. They know that I have their lunches. I keep my cool. They seem very relieved when lunchtime is a real thing. 12 - Lunch break for Renee. The 6 Starfish are going down for naps. Wow! Stella goes right out. No discussion. So does Piper. Quiet time. I peak in to watch the Seahorses eat lunch. It seems rather orderly. 1 - Christin's lunch. The Starfish sleep well. Stella hears the rumbling of the Summer Campers... flushing toilets and washing up wakes her up. OH MY GOD! We get a surprise visit for King County Licensing. I keep my cool. She's fast, though. 2 - Patty's lunch. She's a little wound up by the inspection. In any case, the 6 Seahorses sleep through it all. Evanan and Caitlin wake up around 2:30. We play with the new dry-erase board as well as hug the giant dog and giant pig - stuffed animals. Streetcar to d'town. A little shopping at the new Gap (still under construction). Drop off stuff at my place. The window washers give me nice clean windows. Thanks, guys. Play podcast of The World. The report about Brazil's newly discovered deep-sea oil reserves disturbs me... especially after what we are experiencing in the Gulf Of Mexico. Report - Brazil’s Hidden Oil Reserves. Now I'm streaming France 24 in the background. France 24 shows Obama's Oil Speech live... a rather wide-ranging speech, it seems to me.

They do a review and analysis of the speech as well. Chiefs of the oil industry also met today at a tense congressional hearing. Report - Oil chiefs say BP spill was 'preventable' Finish burrito for dinner. Watch movie - Thunderbirds. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 19% on the Tomatometer. I doze off after this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment