Wednesday, June 9, 2010

woensdag 9 juni 2010

woensdag 9 juni 2010 Up at 2:25. Turn on France 24. I manage to fall back to sleep and have dreams in English with a French accent. Up with alarm. Report from France 24 - The Dutch Voters Head To The Polls Amid Austerity Concerns. The Netherlands is the first country in the eurozone to have an parliamentary election since the Greek econonic crash. Who will win? Will it be the conservative-liberal the People's Party For Freedom And Democracy (Dutch: Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie)?

Or the Dutch Labour Party (Dutch: Partij van de Arbeid)?

Spaghetti with fried egg for breakfast. Switch to Stephanie Miller. They talk about the volcano of oil near Louisiana. Disturbing photos of devastated wildlife... that BP doesn't want you to see. Think Progress post these photos every day. Short walk around d'town. Mail my Comcast bill. Streetcar to work. 10 - Work an hour for Kim: washing dishes and fold laundry. 11 - Break for Andy. I don't know why but Rowan is crying in the bathroom. I try to console him, but he doesn't want my help. 11:15 to 12 - Charmaine's lunch. Patty and I are coping with downpour of rain. The kids seem pent-up. Luckily, the rain lets up fast, and I take them out to the deck. Today, it's Sun-Rain-Sun-Rain-Sun. 12 to 12:30 - Kechelle's lunch. I guide 7 Wildflowers from the Bike Room to their classroom. They're Wild... Flowers. Whew! Sassy, too. I eat my lunch with them. Then, I get my little break. 12:45 to 1:45 - Teresa's lunch. Down to Dolphins. They're sleeping. Nice and quiet. 1:45 to 2 - Weird little break for Erin M. in the Trailblazers & Explorers. Most of them are napping... not all of them. 2 - Patty's lunch. Only 5 Sea Otters. They nap. Charmaine is collecting old photos for a Sea Otter photo album while I'm listening to the nap music... The Luckiest by Ben Folds.

Nice. Walk d'town to Bartell's to get some cards for Dad's and Nana's birthdays. Up to my place to write my notes for them. I let myself get rained on. Through Rainier Square to the Post Office. Back to my place. Turn on France 24 to hear the results of the election in the Netherlands. Report - Liberals, Labour Tie In Exit Polls. Dutch politics are fascinating to me... the struggle to build a coalition in parliament, the Queen's involvement, the controversial Party for Freedom with its anti-Islam rhetoric came third with 23 seats... and Geert Wilders is quite a character. Switch to Deutsche Welle - Newslink Plus. Same comments about the election in the Netherlands. Switch to Hardball. Mike Papantonio says How Much Oil In The Gulf? And we should ask Dick Cheney some questions. Hash browns and turkey sausage for dinner. Watch movie - The Life Of Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment